Chevron's Response on PEA in Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the one who have used the "More-on" rule few times as far fuel system cleaners are concerned. However my experiments have been limited to a lawn mower. Knock on the wood, but severe overdosing with FSC did not land me in hot water.

I believe using full bottle or two every OCI should not cause any issues except may be lightening of your own wallet.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: mikered30
3M Max Strength Fuel System Cleaner PN 08814 has 30-60% PEA, 11 oz bottle so they claim to be better than that.
That's what I use now.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
3M Max Strength Fuel System Cleaner PN 08814 has 30-60% PEA, 11 oz bottle so they claim to be better than that.
That's what I use now.

Where do you get it? The price of it really shot up recently.

Where do you get it? The price of it really shot up recently.

The only place that seems to have it that I would trust is 3M itself...$15.91 for 11oz direct from 3M.

Link:

http://www.shop3m.com/60455031918.html

I'd like to know why it is impossible to find anywhere else?

Originally Posted By: mongo161
You can also buy the Fuel System Cleaning Kit at NAPA or Amazon.

The 3M kit also includes a bottle of the 3M max strength fuel system cleaner.

No it has the regular one which is only 10% PEA. Which is why even at $30 it is an expensive kit. Throttle Body Cleaner and 10% PEA are worth less than $5. You're paying for the intake spray cleaner.

I went to Big Lots and picked up 3 x Gumout All In One 20oz for $4 each. Each will dose 35 gallons so that's about 6 Techron's for $12 before tax.

They had old Regane at $3 which was not worth it in my opinion compared to the All In One.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back