Redline SL-1 vs Techron

Well, considering I don't prove either is necessary … Catch Techron on sale.

I'm saying it comes down to cost, and generally it looks like Techron is available at better prices. The 32 oz being the best regularly available deal but perhaps the others on sale or 2 for 1 are close.

I'd buy the one that's cheaper per oz which is usually the Techron, Seem Amazon and Walmart run them consistently at around $12-13 a bottle for the 32oz, use a half a bottle every few thousand miles or so. For the last several months the 12oz bottles were on sale for $5 and the 20oz bottles were on sale for $8 at pretty much every retailer but they appear to have went back up. Redline is like normally $12 for a 15oz bottle and sometimes you can get a 12pack for less than $100 but that's still like $8-9/bottle, the 32oz Techron seems like a better deal if you use half of it at a time, just don't buy it from the autoparts stores because it's like $17 a bottle there.

I just buy the 32oz. bottle of Techron and split it between two(2) tankful's. I use it every tankful so at the most, I use one(1) bottle a month. If I owned my vehicle since new and always used Top Tier fuel, I would probably not need to do this as much. Thank goodness it's not a GDI prison shower experience engine. As far as dosing measurement? I just use a Redline SI-1 15oz bottle and fill it up .As a side note, the Redline SI-1 bottles with the bottom cutoff make a good oil filler neck funnel for engine oil and transmission oil :)

I've had pretty good luck with Techron fuel system cleaner and will most likely stick with it.

Interesting use of an empty Redline bottle there highrzr

Back