Chevron Supreme vs. Sup Syn in Acura TSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I resurected this thread bc my son had bought a TSX 2.4L about 3 months ago he has 4K + milews on it and I was surprised to see the 10K mile change interval under normal conditions. The dealer doesn't want to see him for a change until 5K miles. All other things being equal I wanted to change it for him at around 2K miles, but he lives 60 miles away and his work schedule and other things allowed it to get to 4K+ miles. If he goes to the dealer, I'm not sure what they will put in. But if I get to change it first it will get the Schaeffer's 5W-30
smile.gif

Guess I should check some UOA's on this engine
smile.gif

O.K. I'll be changing the oil in this engine this Sat. I'm planning on doing a mix of 25% Redline 5W-20 and 75% Schaeffer Blend 10W-30. Never changed oil in this vehicle. Is the filter up in the back of the engine on the passenger's side?? I plan on using ramps. Any problems with interferences with filter ?? I'm sure I won't have any problems. Just looking for some feedback. I don't have a lot of time to change as he is going on a trip right afterwords. I'm gonna use a K&N HP 1010.

Are the Chevron synthetic and the Havoline synthetic definitely the same? I can't find Chevron in my area but I can get Havoline at Advance Auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back