cheap ammo 9mm where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Geco 9 MM 115 Gr. FMJ for just $9.49 @ box. Brass cased, boxer primed, and fully reloadable. New, not reloaded.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/geco-9mm-luger-fmj-115-grain-250-rounds?p=f653a&i=670375&ecid=Email-f653a&utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email-flash&utm_campaign=f653a&om_u=M6jg82&om_i=_BYY9p%24B9WwGLqZ&em_id=mtill%40cox.net

billt460 said:
Here is Geco 9 MM 115 Gr. FMJ for just $9.49 @ box. Brass cased, boxer primed, and fully reloadable. New, not reloaded. [/quote Great deal. I paid 50 cents more for my last 3000 rounds of Geico. Also bought 1000 of .380.

Do they charge for shipping, tax, insurance?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I usually aim for about $0.20 per round and only shoot brass cased. ****'s had a sale for Remington UMC for ~$9.98/box, but I think that ended yesterday. I checked the Walmart while visiting my parents in Ohio and they have the brass Perfecta for $9.78 per box. Usually the cheapest stuff is 115gr.

Not to split hairs but that's 21.2 cents w tax. I like to get closer to 20 cents. I can usually get about a Penney cheaper on the internet. At over 1000 rouds/month thats 7 buck/month or $84/year. It all adds up
wink.gif

Hey now, surely you report and pay sales tax on online purchased from out of state... right... Just kidding with you. You're right though, shipping and/or tax can definitely be a deal breaker when comparing prices.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC

Hey now, surely you report and pay sales tax on online purchased from out of state... right... Just kidding with you.

whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Al
billt460 said:
Here is Geco 9 MM 115 Gr. FMJ for just $9.49 @ box. Brass cased, boxer primed, and fully reloadable. New, not reloaded. [/quote Great deal. I paid 50 cents more for my last 3000 rounds of Geico. Also bought 1000 of .380.

Do they charge for shipping, tax, insurance?

Al,
No, they don't. If you join their buyers club (free for 1 month then just cancel)and use a free shipping code, you can get Magtech or the Geco for 19 cents a rd. delivered.
https://www.slickguns.com/product/magtech-9mm-115-gr-fmj-450-rnds-109115

My wifes PT111 Taurus doesn't like Tula or Wolf . The best low cost brass ammo I have found seems to be Perfecta from Walmart. The cheap steel case is perfect for random malfunction training in the PT111. Steel works fine in everything else we own in 9mm .

I was at Ace Hardware on the 5th and they had this. 1000 rounds for $169.99 or 16.9 cents per round

2qds9qd.jpg

v7s9c1.jpg

From what I'm seeing out there at places like Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse. Along with Internet ammo stores. I think it would be wise to wait before loading up on large volumes of ammunition. Buy what your shooting schedule presently requires, but no more. The reason is prices have been steadily dropping since November 8th. And there is no reason they won't continue to drop for months to come.

The 2 biggest factors for this are #1, the election went our way. So the political danger has been finally lifted after 8 years of panic. Secondly, is the fact people have already been, "stocking up" by purchasing more ammunition than they could possibly need or use in the next several years. These people were all scared of what might have happened politically. So they were fear driven into large, costly ammo purchases they otherwise never would have made. I know several "4 box a year shooters" that fall into this category. Who all have, during the last 5 years, purchased more ammo, (especially .22), then they will shoot in a lifetime. All driven by panic that never materialized.

Yet another factor is that it just wasn't shooters who were stocking up. Many of the larger distributors, both storefront and Internet, have taken large deliveries of ammunition and Hi-Cap magazines fearing the same political damage their customers did. Now they're all overstocked with ammunition and magazines that they have a large amount of working capital tied up in. All of which they'll have to discount heavily if they want rid of it in a respectable amount of time. This will result in even cheaper prices and greater bargains down the road, as they cut each others throats price wise. As an example I'm watching AR-15 Gen-2 P-Mags descend in price through the $8.00 level. Boxer primed, reloadable brass 9 MM ammo is now under $10.00 a box, and headed lower. Keep in mind the election was less than 100 days ago. By contrast, had the election gone the other way, you would be seeing yet another panic, along with much higher prices and limited availability. As the whole vicious cycle would have repeated itself.

Most "regular shooters" have been taken out of the market, at least for the time being, because they already have too much on hand. They obviously overpaid for most of it, by purchasing whatever they could find, wherever they could find it at most any price. So they're mostly out of the market as a result. Now that this "shortage" is finally over, and prices are steadily dropping, the demand is going to drop through the floor. This will result in even cheaper prices as sellers try to reenergize the market. I now have far more than enough to last through the Summer months. So I'm going to watch as the prices continue to fall for the next 6 months at least. Then resume replenishing what I've shot up. Doing it now will just result in parting with more money.

When American made brass sells for $200/250/300 per 1000 (9/40/45), I'll buy from SGAmmo. Reliable and quick shipping. Lately, I've been buying 40 S&W. they had good deals on Winchester and Blazer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
When American made brass sells for $200/250/300 per 1000 (9/40/45), I'll buy from SGAmmo. Reliable and quick shipping. Lately, I've been buying 40 S&W. they had good deals on Winchester and Blazer.

+1 on SGAmmo.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I was at Ace Hardware on the 5th and they had this. 1000 rounds for $169.99 or 16.9 cents per round

2qds9qd.jpg

v7s9c1.jpg

S&B is nice stuff too, I'd have been tempted to pick up several!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back