cheap ammo 9mm where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:
haven't shot anything in a long while...have a 9mm Taurus supposedly at Gander Mountain today. Thinking an inexpensive holster AND split some cheap ammo with friend (Tulammo?) for practice, 1,000 rd perhaps, and possible box of 20 or 50 better for defense. Thinking Cheaper than Dirt. Any other thoughts? No idea how many rounds I will go through this spring, but want to build up some proficiency at reasonable cost. Thoughts or suggestions? Reviews were decent and 1,000k were $158 but shipping sort of high, although I don't know of any special handling. Thanks!

John, Gander Mountain usually has fair prices on 9mm in the store. They often have a case of 350 Blazer Brass for $80-90. That works out to about 22-25 cents/round, which is a fair price on 9mm. Online outlets can usually get the unit price down below that, but shipping will eat up some of the savings.

Other good sources are Walmart, which normally carries Tulammo steel case for about $11/box of 50. Again...22 cents/round.

I've shot a lot of both in CZs and in M&Ps and both shoots great in my opinion. I guess if I had to choose, I'd lean towards the Blazer Brass.

For 9mm, these guys are great: http://sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammo-sale/9mm-luger-ammo

Quality brass 9mm ball ammo for .20/round. Quality HP 9mm (e.g. Speer Gold Dot) for .50/round.

I've bought about 5,000 rounds from them. But, I think they're closed for the holidays- so shipping might be a few extra days.

Cheaper than Dirt gouged everyone during the 2013 "silly season". Charging $80 for a PMAG and over $1.00/round for 5.56mm. I personally will never, ever buy from them.

Ever.

Last edited:
I recommend ammoseek website as well, especially if buying in bulk which is the cheapest way.

Also recommend federal hst for defensive ammo. The 124 gr standard pressure is more than adequate I use it myself in my shield

If you are patient, Cabelas comes up with good sales through out the year. I have one just down the road, so that works well. Same thing with Dunhams.

Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
Hi:
haven't shot anything in a long while...have a 9mm Taurus supposedly at Gander Mountain today. Thinking an inexpensive holster AND split some cheap ammo with friend (Tulammo?) for practice, 1,000 rd perhaps, and possible box of 20 or 50 better for defense. Thinking Cheaper than Dirt. Any other thoughts? No idea how many rounds I will go through this spring, but want to build up some proficiency at reasonable cost. Thoughts or suggestions? Reviews were decent and 1,000k were $158 but shipping sort of high, although I don't know of any special handling. Thanks!

Don't put any steel ammo in that (guessing) Taurus PT Millenium G2.

SGAmmo is the first place I look. Around 20 cents a round is typical. Have had good experiences with Freedom Munitions too and they are quite reasonable as well.

Wally's typically carries aluminum cased 9mm in 115 gr ball for 9.97 a box, no shipping but taxes. I'd take aluminum cased any day over the steel cased stuff. Not only can it be hard on your gun it is typically very dirty shooting stuff.

I have had good luck with TargetSportsUSA. Bulk orders ship free. I got 1000 rounds of 115gr Speer Lawman 9mm for $219 or $229, something like that. I don't believe I was charged sales tax either.

I put an order in from Freedom Munitions with a couple of friends who also needed ammo. Had about 120#s shipped for free (1st order)! One of the friends has shot it with no issues...haven't got around to mine yet.

Originally Posted By: perfectsilence
I have had good luck with TargetSportsUSA. Bulk orders ship free. I got 1000 rounds of 115gr Speer Lawman 9mm for $219 or $229, something like that. I don't believe I was charged sales tax either.

Yea I buy here also. I like the German Geco 124 gr. 9mm ammo. Right now. $203 includes shipping, no tax, and includes shipping insurance.

Only place I ever shop. Usually get order in 3 business days.

I usually aim for about $0.20 per round and only shoot brass cased. ****'s had a sale for Remington UMC for ~$9.98/box, but I think that ended yesterday. I checked the Walmart while visiting my parents in Ohio and they have the brass Perfecta for $9.78 per box. Usually the cheapest stuff is 115gr.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I usually aim for about $0.20 per round and only shoot brass cased. ****'s had a sale for Remington UMC for ~$9.98/box, but I think that ended yesterday. I checked the Walmart while visiting my parents in Ohio and they have the brass Perfecta for $9.78 per box. Usually the cheapest stuff is 115gr.

Not to split hairs but that's 21.2 cents w tax. I like to get closer to 20 cents. I can usually get about a Penney cheaper on the internet. At over 1000 rouds/month thats 7 buck/month or $84/year. It all adds up
wink.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back