castrol slx professional 4718 PDS someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

I just want to know if there's a Product data sheet with the visc. index, HTHS, TBN and more info on the Castrol SLX Professional 4718?

I wanted to try Castrol Syntec 0w30 (GC) but before trying it, I wrote an email to Castrol Canada about this oil, Cadillac and 4718m spec I need for my car.

They replied that it does not meet or exceed the gm spec 4718m and I should avoid this oil for my car. The only oil meeting and exceeding this requirement is Castrol SLX Professional 4718 that is only available through GM and Saturn's dealers.

What do you guys think?
Is there a PDS available for this oil?

Last edited:
Nope. I've e-mailed Castrol for details about this oil, and they won't give ANY information on it.

There IS a VOA of it from fairly recently in the VOA setion - it's basically the same as 'Edge' 5W-30 in the US.

Originally Posted By: Spykem4e
I wanted to try Castrol Syntec 0w30 (GC) but before trying it, I wrote an email to Castrol Canada about this oil, Cadillac and 4718m spec I need for my car.

They replied that it does not meet or exceed the gm spec 4718m and I should avoid this oil for my car.

FWIW I am sure it meets GM's 4718M spec but I guess it is a moot point as it doesnt officially meet it i.e. it isnt labelled as such and does not appear on GM's list of 4718M approved oils.

Btw, I did buy a case of 6 of the Castrol SLX this past summer from a PONTIAC dealer and the price did vary between dealerships. Call around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back