Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 "carbon neutral" motorcycle oil

Last winter I purchased a new 2022 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE motorcycle. It reminded me of the 70's Honda CL Scrambler's that I grew up with so I bought one. I really like the style and it's road manners. It's now time for it's first 600 mile oil change. The Triumph Owners Manual recommends for oil: 10W-40 semi or full synthetic API SH (or higher) JASO MA such as Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T.

Looked around and all I can find other than from the dealership website from Castrol is: Fully Synthetic Power 1 Racing 4T API SL JASMO MA2 Carbon Neutral. I guess the carbon neutral sticker is throwing me off. What little I've read is it's the same product but made carbon neutral during the manufacturing process. So I'm worrying about nothing then, correct? Thanks!

IjxwLDNh.jpg

Thanks for the reassurance guys. Deep down I knew carbon neutral would be fine, but just had to ask. Yes, it's a great bike so far. I've added tall bug screen that isn't much of wind screen but keeps critters off rear of TFT screen. Triumph wider foot pegs, radiator protector guard, clutch & stator housing Triumph bling badges plus recently ordered a Zard slip on exhaust system (homologated) from Italy.

Fun bike so far in it's short travels. Sit's high, but I'm 6'2" which is no problem. A lot of things I like, and a few things I don't care for (British bike engineering). And just about everything for it is expensive just like my Harley-Davidson so I feel at home with it! :LOL:

Yes troop, that is the same link I used when I ordered the oil. Comes out to $9.99 a qt versus $11.99 at Advanced Auto Parts. And I ordered a K&N 204-1 oil filter instead of OEM Triumph. Better reviews & easy on/off with 17mm nut on filter.

The carbon neutral part of it really has nothing to do with the content of the oil. It has more to do with the sources of energy to make the oil, such as the refinery using electricity from the grid that is supplied by a nuclear reacter and purchasing carbon credits from a company that plants trees. It’s a big paperwork calculation.

Back