Castrol Edge their best ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sprintman,
Reported this on Jan 20, but for some reason umknown to me the topic has disappeared. Shows up if you do a search under my name for this thread.

BTW. If it wasn't their best ever what would be the point of bringing out a new product unless it was to lower the price point? Just my 2c worth.

Its bollocks from what I've seen. I compared the old spec sheets (Castrol R) and the newer EDGE series, and the OEM certifications and viscosity parameters (etc) are identical to the old!!

So how can EDGE be better is beyond me..

Could you mix the oils and come up with something like a High Mileage Syntec Start Up oil that is on the Edge of Racing?

Toyota 62
Would think xW-40 too thick, would go with 5W-30, as I will be doing on my Kluger and Hyundai Getz from next oil change. Presently use Mobil 1 10W-30 in both but Castro edge is half price.
Roger

sprintman, you're fooling yourself.
rolleyes.gif

It's a different oil to the Formula R 0W-40, as that was 12.9 cst @100 degrees, this is 13.5.

Pour point makes it look like a proper syn.

0w-40 shouldn't be too thick.Both of your vehicles recommending 10w-30 grade.So 5w-30 will be the best.
I have seen many vehicles past 200000+kms with Castrol FMX Magnatec 10w-30.the price will tell you the quality of the oil.
Some times you might get a better UOA with castrol than the mobil.never know.
have you noticed rattling noise with 10w-30 in Getz first thing in the morning?If yes then try 0w-40 or 5w-40.Even 10w-40.

I was correct. The 5W30 is Group III.

-----Original Message-----
From: Castrol Technical Enquiries [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 March 2006 10:38 AM
To: Page-Murray, Stephen
Subject: FW: Castrol.com | Technical Enquiries | Technical Enquiries
Importance: High

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your enquiry to Castrol Technical.

There are a number of Edge Grades that have been recently released, including Edge 0W/40, Edge Sport 5W/30, Edge Sport 25W/50 and Edge Sport 10W/60. These grades use a range of base stocks, for example, Edge 0W/40 uses PAO, Edge Sport 5W/30 uses Group III, Edge Sport 25W/50 uses Group I.

Castrol Technical.

To:[email protected]
Subject: Castrol.com | Technical Enquiries | Technical Enquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back