Castrol Edge EP sale at Advance Auto Parts

I encountered the same thing. I submitted twice, and twice denied. Called them and they told me it is the Carquest format receipt, and only rebate would be on a paper form, available through the store. My local stores changed years ago as well.
Did you ever get the paper form?

I talked to AAP today, they confirmed that Edge EP isn’t on the rebate, something about “rebate printing out in store” (which is bull because it is online on AAP’s website). They did give me a $10 GC (not holding my breath on that one), so, better than nothing…

I looked for it in the store, but didn't see it or ask about.
Update: I had snapped a photo of my receipt and emailed back when I was denied on a "Carquest format" receipt.

I didn't expect a reply but today they thanked me for submitting the documents and approved the rebate.

That said, they only approved a single jug of the green 10W-40 and not any EP. Since I don't think EP is actually supposed to be included, I don't have much of a leg to stand on and am not going to argue. I still only paid $8.65 for that jug and am getting $10.

I had $70 approved thru a different "Advance corporate" receipt that I believe was for EP (don't even remember now), so you win some and lose some.

I went to my AAP today and they had more oil. Had to ask the counter guys as it was up on a shelf. All weights 5-qt jug $10.45.

They gave the forum at the time of perchased

IMG_4564.jpeg

it suck you can’t check on it anymore but my first rebate said I was approved and my giftcard would be mailed Feb 29 ???? I will post on the forum if I get it. Plus remember it said my rebate was going to be $80 but if they fixed the click it should be $10

it suck you can’t check on it anymore but my first rebate said I was approved and my giftcard would be mailed Feb 29 ???? I will post on the forum if I get it. Plus remember it said my rebate was going to be $80 but if they fixed the click it should be $10
You can still check your old rebates. Go to Advanceauto.com, click on special offers, then select Rebates & Sweepstakes, then you will see under the title "To redeem a rebate from a prior month, visit our rebate center here." Click 'here' and then click 'Track A Rebate.' Here you can enter your tracking number and your zip code.

My rebate was submitted on December 25, approved on Jan 3, and now it says "Payment Processing" since Feb 5. This has been the longest rebate processing time that I can remember.

Has anyone gotten their rebates?
I called the rebate center today and got some cock-and-bull story about how the "holidays" have put them behind. A stated 8-10 week turn period will now be 20 weeks at best. As previously mentioned here many times, rebates are a PITA.

I called the rebate center today and got some cock-and-bull story about how the "holidays" have put them behind. A stated 8-10 week turn period will now be 20 weeks at best. As previously mentioned here many times, rebates are a PITA.
agreed and I have lost respect for AAP and their rebates, won't participate again, their loss.

Mine all show approved but they originally were not for what I assume is because they were Edge EP jugs. I had to individually email them my receipts and then they approved them. They did not approve individual EP quarts but I could only buy 4 at one store because that's all they had. But the $10 per jug of the EP is a great deal. I will wait patiently for my rebates.

I wonder if AAP are auditing all the rebates. On the HM and Edge quarts, they were approving $10 rebates on each individual quart, not $10 on 5 total individual quarts. Compound with the clearances at the time, people would be "making money".
Also, by the language of the rebate, the EP wouldn't have qualified but some were getting it. I think they screwed up big time on the rebate approval system.

I wonder if AAP are auditing all the rebates. On the HM and Edge quarts, they were approving $10 rebates on each individual quart, not $10 on 5 total individual quarts. Compound with the clearances at the time, people would be "making money".
Also, by the language of the rebate, the EP wouldn't have qualified but some were getting it. I think they screwed up big time on the rebate approval system.
If they were smart, they would trim the rebates they were giving people for $10 a qt. That would crush them. The $10 rebates on the EP jugs is a drop in the bucket compared to $8 extra per qt. Remember also, I had to call them and send proof of my EP jug purchases, but the Edge and HM rebates were getting automatically approved for $10 per individual qt, so that's the big mover from a payout standpoint. I doubt many people were calling for a manual processing.

If they were smart, they would trim the rebates they were giving people for $10 a qt. That would crush them. The $10 rebates on the EP jugs is a drop in the bucket compared to $8 extra per qt. Remember also, I had to call them and send proof of my EP jug purchases, but the Edge and HM rebates were getting automatically approved for $10 per individual qt, so that's the big mover from a payout standpoint. I doubt many people were calling for a manual processing.
It's still part of the bucket, especially when there wasn't a limit on the rebates a household could collect (actually it was some ridiculously high amount) . If the EP weren't intended to be part of the original rebate (only GTX HM and Edge black bottle), it's likely being flagged internally along with the per quart issue. Even if you called up and showed proof of the EP purchases and someone approved it, the original language of the rebate didn't specify EP explicitly, only GTX HM and Edge black bottle, so they have the right to deny it if they indeed found an error. Sure, as good PR, they can approve it and fix it the next time, but they are not obligated. If an audit is being conducted, they are likely wanting to fix it all to understand the damages and then make a decision.

It's still part of the bucket, especially when there wasn't a limit on the rebates a household could collect (actually it was some ridiculously high amount) . If the EP weren't intended to be part of the original rebate (only GTX HM and Edge black bottle), it's likely being flagged internally along with the per quart issue. Even if you called up and showed proof of the EP purchases and someone approved it, the original language of the rebate didn't specify EP explicitly, only GTX HM and Edge black bottle, so they have the right to deny it if they indeed found an error. Sure, as good PR, they can approve it and fix it the next time, but they are not obligated. If an audit is being conducted, they are likely wanting to fix it all to understand the damages and then make a decision.
I might be wrong but I doubt they will be auditing mine as the status is Approved. We will see.

Back