Castrol Edge EP sale at Advance Auto Parts

If I may ask, what are you guys doing with 50+ quarts of oil? How many vehicles do you service? At some point I just figure that is a lot of storage space and we all know we usually will get another deal like this within a couple years

I received an email to contact AP about my rebate. The email did disclose what the problem is. They verify purchase with the transaction number, I can't imagine what the problem is.

If I may ask, what are you guys doing with 50+ quarts of oil? How many vehicles do you service? At some point I just figure that is a lot of storage space and we all know we usually will get another deal like this within a couple years
50 quarts? *laughs in barrels*

Seriously, some folks here are professional mechanics and burn through it quickly. Some are hobbyists like me who go through it over a decade or two. Most are silent and probably flipping. I think I've accumulated about 30 gallons of waste oil in the past year, I've stopped giving it away to the city or parts stores. I have plans to explore burning it in an engine or two.

Last edited:
I received an email to contact AP about my rebate. The email did disclose what the problem is. They verify purchase with the transaction number, I can't imagine what the problem is.
Update: I called the number on the email, I told the woman, I wasn't sure why I needed to call. She put me on hold and then came back and said my rebates are approved. I'm not sure what was going on.

I maintain my vehicles, parents', sister's.

Three Jeeps, two pickups, two vans, 2 SUV's, and 4 cars. Throw in a couple of tractors, and a dozen other ATV's, mowers etc, and I always need oil.

I'm loading up on this for the the SUV's, vans, and cars, as all but one take 0W20 and I don't have a ton of that on hand. Wife's GX460 takes 8 quarts of oil per change.

I currently have about 60 gals of used oil in jugs sitting in the shop. I used to have people want it for waste oil heaters or bar oil, but now I can't seem to give it away.

I currently have about 60 gals of used oil in jugs sitting in the shop. I used to have people want it for waste oil heaters or bar oil, but now I can't seem to give it away.
if your giving them away for free, idk why folks arent talking good oil by the metric ton

And, within 2 mins of me posting that, daughter called and said the store said they don't have the 66 jugs of 0W20 nor the 55 jugs of 5W20 that their inventory system says they do. Were I there, I think I would press the matter, but since I have the kids running errands for me and they'd waited an hour for the employees to go dig it out of the warehouse, I'll just leave it alone.

When they went and got the 10 jugs the other night, the employees had to go to the warehouse to get it, and it wasn't an issue. My guess is, the employees want it for themselves, and either hid it or are saying they can't find it. It happens when stuff goes on super-clearance.

Parents were in Memphis for dad's doctor appointment Tuesday. After hearing how things went with my daughters when they went back, he agreed with me that shenanigans were afoot.

There was one employee who mentioned someone should buy it all and flip it when my daughter and her boyfriend got the initial 10 jugs. He was there again when the daughters and my mom went back a week later, and they said he saw them and started whispering to another employee. Then they said "We're sorry, the system isn't correct, we don't have any"

Dad went back a few days after that, and avoided any long haired employees to make sure that one guy didn't screw up the request again, found a helpful employee who went back and brought out the requested 12 jugs of 0W20 and 6 jugs of 5W20.

No idea what they actually have left (currently showing 54 of the 0W20 and 49 of the 5W20), but if you have a store that shows a large amount in stock and get a shady vibe from the employee helping you, go back later and try a different employee.

Dad did say the military discount is only for full priced items, so he didn't get the military discount, but I'm not going to complain about $10.45 jugs of full syn Castrol

Parents were in Memphis for dad's doctor appointment Tuesday. After hearing how things went with my daughters when they went back, he agreed with me that shenanigans were afoot.

There was one employee who mentioned someone should buy it all and flip it when my daughter and her boyfriend got the initial 10 jugs. He was there again when the daughters and my mom went back a week later, and they said he saw them and started whispering to another employee. Then they said "We're sorry, the system isn't correct, we don't have any"

Dad went back a few days after that, and avoided any long haired employees to make sure that one guy didn't screw up the request again, found a helpful employee who went back and brought out the requested 12 jugs of 0W20 and 6 jugs of 5W20.

No idea what they actually have left (currently showing 54 of the 0W20 and 49 of the 5W20), but if you have a store that shows a large amount in stock and get a shady vibe from the employee helping you, go back later and try a different employee.

Dad did say the military discount is only for full priced items, so he didn't get the military discount, but I'm not going to complain about $10.45 jugs of full syn Castrol
Been there done that. Im not walking to an advance auto parts store unless i have to.

I have make order to pick up for 4 jugs it say ready to pick up I go store after I drive 1 hour go store it was black Castrol edge . Store employee says she can not sell me or give that back Castrol I ask if she will give me written that they do not have extended performance or give me regular Castrol edge that previous employee have taken out for me . But she threatened me to call police on me so I leave store. Empty handed wait time and gas So someone employee are crazy.

So if you order on the website for pickup, it's $42ish. If you get them to pull the oil do they adjust the price when you go to pick it up?

I debated on doing it that way, but wasn't sure how it would go when I got there to pick it up.

I have make order to pick up for 4 jugs it say ready to pick up I go store after I drive 1 hour go store it was black Castrol edge . Store employee says she can not sell me or give that back Castrol I ask if she will give me written that they do not have extended performance or give me regular Castrol edge that previous employee have taken out for me . But she threatened me to call police on me so I leave store. Empty handed wait time and gas So someone employee are crazy.
Idiot employees threaten to call police for no reason=AUTOMATIC call to corporate-EVERY time!

Idiot employees threaten to call police for no reason=AUTOMATIC call to corporate-EVERY time!
I dunno, let 'em call the police is my approach. Stay calm and respectful. Demand cops review all footage (if there's video) and demand contact info for District Mgr.

Corporate CANNOT be excited about an unhinged employee unnecessarily calling law enforcement on an otherwise respectful customer, plus lots of flashing lights in front of the store encourages other customers to just keep driving to the Autozone down the block....

Now see, were I an employee at one of these places, I would be trying to scoop the deals just like we are.

My problem is, if you want it, buy it. Don't have it sitting in inventory because you "plan to buy it" Buy it, or don't, but if you haven't bought it, and I come in and ask for it, then you should absolutely sell it to me.

Holding stuff back is bullcrap. Buy it or don't.

I got approved for $70 on one claim.

The other claim was from an Advance that had been a CQ years ago. Their receipt is laid out VERY differently from the big city stores. It didn't quite have the same info or terminology as the other receipts. That claim was denied, saying they couldn't verify the purchase.

Has anyone dealt with this? It is now and has been for years a full-blown Advance. Looks exactly like any other Advance. I don't think the rebate terms specify a "level" of store.....I mean Advance is Advance, right?

Anyway I hope to call later today but if anyone has pointers or experience....

I got approved for $70 on one claim.

The other claim was from an Advance that had been a CQ years ago. Their receipt is laid out VERY differently from the big city stores. It didn't quite have the same info or terminology as the other receipts. That claim was denied, saying they couldn't verify the purchase.

Has anyone dealt with this? It is now and has been for years a full-blown Advance. Looks exactly like any other Advance. I don't think the rebate terms specify a "level" of store.....I mean Advance is Advance, right?

Anyway I hope to call later today but if anyone has pointers or experience....
I encountered the same thing. I submitted twice, and twice denied. Called them and they told me it is the Carquest format receipt, and only rebate would be on a paper form, available through the store. My local stores changed years ago as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: D60
Back