Castrol Edge EP sale at Advance Auto Parts

I might be wrong but I doubt they will be auditing mine as the status is Approved. We will see.

I looked today and I couldnt find a secondary status anywhere. Where do you see Payment Processing? Another user referenced that.

My rebate says "Approved" and "Payment Processing" since early February but they state 6-8 weeks, so they still have time.

"Payment Processing" will show up in the next line below "Approved"

I talked to AAP today, they confirmed that Edge EP isn’t on the rebate, something about “rebate printing out in store” (which is bull because it is online on AAP’s website). They did give me a $10 GC (not holding my breath on that one), so, better than nothing…
Still not even the $10 gift card, so AAP can join SOPUS on the "unreliable rebate list". Fortunately this one was a good deal regardless, but don't ever rely on getting anything from them. Hopefully their stock is up again...:mad:

image.jpg

So is the card a Visa? No markings on the front
I like the replies that refer to, "If he doesn't like it, he can move it". You can tell him that in a kind way. That way he has the ability to make it the exact way he wants it, without you becoming his, "general contractor" to boss around. (Which is what he really wants).

He's one of these guys that enjoys directing other peoples traffic. That means more to him than 12" of dirt in the wrong place. That has most likely been there longer than he has.

Call me a pessimist or call me a conspiracy theorist, but I suspect at this point AAP has zero intention of doing ANYTHING with these rebates until someone brings legal action, which may never occur.

Ya sure gotta respect the responsibility and integrity of ignore-the-problem-and-hope-it-goes-away.

Call me a pessimist or call me a conspiracy theorist, but I suspect at this point AAP has zero intention of doing ANYTHING with these rebates until someone brings legal action, which may never occur.

Ya sure gotta respect the responsibility and integrity of ignore-the-problem-and-hope-it-goes-away.
I received 3 of mine last month and will get the rest at the end of this month. Perhaps you may consider picking up the phone and talking with them. They (3rd party processors based in AZ) very helpful with me.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
03/27/24 I received 1 Gift Card for $50

04/16/20 (Today) I received 24 Gift Cards for a total of $1330, I was approved for $1570 even according to rebate tracking, so I will have to make a call to see where the remaining $240 is.

Update: 2 of the cards that I tried to check the balance on, said the card was invalid, called customer service and they said, some of the cards that were sent out to customers were not activated and that might be the case with mine, so they will check all the 24 cards for activation and they will also send me the remaining $240 at the same time.

better than Pennzoil / Quaker State which have previously stopped replying on some old rebates that I sent in, and pretended like it didn't happen (the gift card rebates from Pennzoil have always been successful for me so far)

Last edited:
Mine showed up today.
Edit. I tried to check the balances and get a message indicating there is an issue with the gift card. I sent an email to customer service.

IMG_7166.jpeg

Last edited:
03/27/24 I received 1 Gift Card for $50

04/16/20 (Today) I received 24 Gift Cards for a total of $1330, I was approved for $1570 even according to rebate tracking, so I will have to make a call to see where the remaining $240 is.

Update: 2 of the cards that I tried to check the balance on, said the card was invalid, called customer service and they said, some of the cards that were sent out to customers were not activated and that might be the case with mine, so they will check all the 24 cards for activation and they will also send me the remaining $240 at the same time.

better than Pennzoil / Quaker State which have previously stopped replying on some old rebates that I sent in, and pretended like it didn't happen (the gift card rebates from Pennzoil have always been successful for me so far)
Have you received a 1099 form yet?

I checked mine and have same issue. They said aware of issue (via chat) and to call back in 24-48 hours if not showing balance. I asked if they want card and pin number on card and they said not necessary!!:unsure: I will give them a few days and check Friday and see what happens.

I checked mine and have same issue. They said aware of issue (via chat) and to call back in 24-48 hours if not showing balance. I asked if they want card and pin number on card and they said not necessary!!:unsure: I will give them a few days and check Friday and see what happens.
Thanks, saved me a call.

I contacted the rebate center today and I gave my name and told her the problem. She said they are aware of the issue and my name is in the batch that was affected. She did not ask for numbers off the rebate card. She said the problem will be corrected by the end of this month with activation. So she basically said the same as the online chat that I had yesterday with Advance. Crossing fingers!

Back