Castrol Edge 0W30 has BMW LL01 again!

I thought original GC had some amount of Ketjenlube ester?

I will say that most BMW engines I’ve seen torn down from the Castrol era are pretty clean as long as OCI is followed. Especially the engines running 10W-60 TWS. Rod bearings spin way before varnish is an issue :ROFLMAO:.
You may be right. I was going off old information.

Does BMW still sells TPT 5W30 LL01? If it does, it is excellent oil.
ok, i asked the price for TPT euro at dealership .there is a new design bottle and costs 33 euros 1 lt !!!! 29 if buy on sales,23 per litre if you change oils at their service. i thought they were not serious but they meant it!! is it made from gold? :ROFLMAO:

after market there is a shortage yet. so i don't know the price. they still have the old design bottle , if someone finds a jug.

bmw said that this year will discuss a new contract with an oil company.i don't know if its still shell or changed to a new one.

ok, i asked the price for TPT euro at dealership .there is a new design bottle and costs 33 euros 1 lt !!!! 29 if buy on sales,23 per litre if you change oils at their service. i thought they were not serious but they meant it!! is it made from gold? :ROFLMAO:

after market there is a shortage yet. so i don't know the price. they still have the old design bottle , if someone finds a jug.

bmw said that this year will discuss a new contract with an oil company.i don't know if its still shell or changed to a new one.
Oil is so expensive in Europe. TPT 0w30 is around $12 per liter in the US.

maybe this is one of the reasons why longlife 40.000km or 25.000 intervals marketing idea as it is now in europe , found a place in owners heart and some of the serious problems in engines started. and then they accuse the bad oil brand or search for the right viscosity.

New VOA from a six pack of Castrol Edge 0w30 A3/B4 on Amazon

CastrolEdgeVIrginAnalysis.png

Current specs from manufacturer

ManufacturerSpecs.png

TBN checks in at 8.9 instead of 10. Could be it be Blackstone or the ASTM method used, or is Castrol pulling a fast one? I'm sure it's fine either way.

TBN checks in at 8.9 instead of 10. Could be it be Blackstone or the ASTM method used, or is Castrol pulling a fast one? I'm sure it's fine either way.
More likely a problem with the $30 analysis.

Does Longlife-01 (based on ACEA A3/B4) have a TBN requirement or is it “report only”?

I’ve always used LL-01 but often wondered if it mattered. I now have some Valvoline LL-01.

Strange to say the 01 represents 2001.

33 euros per liter is so prestigious, I don’t even think I feel worthy of such an oil. A person who uses that likely bathes in foie gras

More likely a problem with the $30 analysis.

Does Longlife-01 (based on ACEA A3/B4) have a TBN requirement or is it “report only”?
The Lubrizol chart posted yesterday by Critic in the Amsoil Euro oil thread states minimum TBN of 10 for LL-01. I was going by that.

1686761667435.jpg

I assume this is excellent oil for my 2017 BMW 340i (w/B58 motor) for spirited non-track daily driving?

Are there any other 0w30 LL01 motor oils that are worth considering for spirited non-track daily driving?

I assume this is excellent oil for my 2017 BMW 340i (w/B58 motor) for spirited non-track daily driving?

Are there any other 0w30 LL01 motor oils that are worth considering for spirited non-track daily driving?
Within the same approval any differences will be minor and unimportant. Especially in this case where the HT/HS is relevant.

I don’t know where you live but unless you’re starting the engine at temperatures below -35 or so a 0W winter rating is going to be meaningless.

Back