Carjacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot wait until all the Boomers & X-ers who hate on Millennials are too old to take care of themselves and need our assistance. We’ll just put them all in nursing homes, since we’re so selfish and stupid, while we eat our avocado toast and just laugh and laugh.
Maybe, although the younger people I associate with are decent human beings and don't think that way. So I'm not too concerned.
Not only that but in my experience the negativity in people who think about “hate” means that they can’t relied on by anyone anyway.
I didn’t teach my kids hate so I’m not concerned. 🙃

Not only that but in my experience the negativity in people who think about “hate” means that they can’t relied on by anyone anyway.
I didn’t teach my kids hate so I’m not concerned. 🙃
I agree. We think a lot alike.

It seems to me the majority of the rants and vitriol are coming from one direction. Hint: it ain’t the kiddos.
Not my kids or the kids of anyone I know that is for sure! Which are also the kids of people I know and their kids friends are doing just fine.

Call me crazy but to respond to just you, any news report I seem to see, they arent seniors or anyone over 35 in the streets burning cars, looting buildings, shooting others and worse. Seems to me those people are filled with hate about the big bad world out there.
I want to stress they are just a tiny minority, the haters are the vocal ones. I think it's indisputable but whatever.

I didnt start this conversation but had to reply because I can see the hate or frustration in your posts. I'll not comment further so I can go on enjoying my life along with my family and friends. ;)

Last edited:
Not my kids or the kids of anyone I know that is for sure! Which are also the kids of people I know and their kids friends are doing just fine.

Call me crazy but to respond to just you, any news report I seem to see, they arent seniors or anyone over 35 in the streets burning cars, looting buildings, shooting others and worse. Seems to me those people are filled with hate about the big bad world out there.
I want to stress they are just a tiny minority, the haters are the vocal ones. I think it's indisputable but whatever.

I didnt start this conversation but had to reply because I can see the hate or frustration in your posts. I'll not comment further so I can go on enjoying my life along with my family and friends. ;)
You like the riots in the 60’s and 70’s ☺️

I agree. We think a lot alike.
You know, I think maybe since Long Island and the area was built for WWII soldiers who fought in a brutal war that maybe we were raised with the same kind of ethics and an understanding how good it is here. Also my grandparents both sides of the family came through Ellis Island with nothing but their shirts on their back to build a better life here. No handouts, you made it or you starved, there were morals too. My grandparents did well working hard here and I think those ethics have been handed down over generations.
No one gave them anything, they made it all.

One of my grandparents walked away from an apartment building he owned, through his hard work. He didnt live there, he had a family large home in Beechhurst. Do you know during the Great Depression, this is powerful, he walked away from the building, his tenants lost their jobs and he couldn't bring himself to evict them. So walking away bought those people more time, I dont know the rest of the story its been so long ago now.
Even with that, worked hard large home, 5 kids and his wife. Someone who came here with nothing.

Ok, Im spending too much time here ! *LOL*

Last edited:
We sure have a lot of keyboard tough guys around here.
Calling others "tough guy," literally from your computer keyboard. Priceless.
Lotsa macho talk by people who will either fill their diapers or end up shot in the face in OP's situation.
...and highly-trained, special forces types that can draw their weapon and fire in less time than it takes the other person to 'click'

Or he/she wants people to think that.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hello, insurance. Some girl scouts just stole my bike. I'd like to file a claim.

Geez! Tough crowd. I bet you guys are fun at parties. Don’t take life too seriously. No one makes it out alive anyways.
Listen here young whippersnapper! LOL!

Seriously, I was born at the very end of Gen-X, so we are VERY close in age. I figured since there was some seemingly good-natured ribbing taking place, I'd contribute.

Better off giving the keys then pulling a gun and shooting someone.
If you do shoot someone it can be far, far more costly than an insured car. Handing over the keys is cheap Insurance.
If you do that around here, YOU would likely be arrested. You can't shoot someone going away from the scene.
Maybe it could have been worded better? (you did leave out part of my reply though)

My intended meaning was you are better off giving a person the keys instead of shooting him/her
I then went on =
If you do shoot someone it can be far, far more costly than an insured car. Handing over the keys is cheap Insurance.

Other posts of mine in here confirm. I meant in no way to shoot anyone stealing anything and certainly not fleeing a crime.

When I was a sheriff's cadet back in high school I met an officer who was held up at gun point. He mentioned to the carjacker that his gun in really cool, and could he get him one of those? Very quick thinking. The assailant forgot what he was doing and left.

Maybe it could have been worded better? (you did leave out part of my reply though)

My intended meaning was you are better off giving a person the keys instead of shooting him/her
I then went on =

Other posts of mine in here confirm. I meant in no way to shoot anyone stealing anything and certainly not fleeing a crime.
Ok, I was just mentioning how it might go down around here. You must be nicer than me. If someone was stealing my car, I wish I would be able to shoot him, although I have no gun.

Well, this certainly degraded from "bad things happen to good people, be thankful for the blessing you have, and get on with life"
to "I'm smarter, more macho, cooler, and "it's all about me" + bickering.
Thanks to those who get it.
Mods please close.

Reactions: 4WD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back