Carjacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny. All the older folks know don’t actually treat younger people like they are all inept buffoons. Weird.
I have the utmost respect for my Millinial son and several of his Millinial friends who served multiple boots on the ground tours in Afghanistan 2006 on up. I won't get into the people I have no respect for, having said that I simply don't associate with them. Live and let live. Regarding the picture that was a joke quoting a fellow Bitoger friend's comment. He said it in words, I posted a picture, all in fun. FTR I think the vast majority of people posting here can drive a stick, maybe, and I know people in their 60's who can't, go figure.

I have the utmost respect for my Millinial son and several of his Millinial friends who served multiple boots on the ground tours in Afghanistan 2006 on up. I won't get into the people I have no respect for, having said that I simply don't associate with them. Live and let live. Regarding the picture that was a joke quoting a fellow Bitoger friend's comment. He said it in words, I posted a picture, all in fun. FTR I think the vast majority of people posting here can drive a stick, maybe, and I know people in their 60's who can't, go figure.
Jokes are a two way street. Traffic can go both directions.

Speaking as an (older) Millennial who can drive a manual, served during the Iraq War, and is now 40, the Millennial bashing gets old.

Jokes are a two way street. Traffic can go both directions.

Speaking as an (older) Millennial who can drive a manual, served during the Iraq War, and is now 40, the Millennial bashing gets old.
Thanks for your service. Yes they are a two way street, you took your nursing home jab, I laughed. If you find my sense of humor offensive, which FTR I was not the first person to post, jokingly about Millennials, you can easily ignore me. The site has provisions for ignoring people, or ask a moderator to edit or remove my post. The software only allows a certain amount of time for people who might want to edit a post.

All this us vs. them, boomer vs. millenial, etc. etc. etc. kinds of discourse does is sell ads and mire everyone in the trenches of the absolute dumbest sorts of identity politics.
I agree. Stereotyping folks is basically bigotry towards that group.

It’s why posts bashing boomers, millennials, Gen z, or any other group get deleted. That form of bashing just doesn’t belong here.

For the record, I’m technically Gen X, though some lump me in with boomers.

Two of my kids are Millennials. One is Gen Z. All three are extraordinary people.

Cannot wait until all the Boomers & X-ers who hate on Millennials are too old to take care of themselves and need our assistance. We’ll just put them all in nursing homes, since we’re so selfish and stupid, while we eat our avocado toast and just laugh and laugh.

I rarely hear gen X hating on Millennials.

I’ve noticed that i’ve been taking more pot-shots lately. I think because its getting old now, like me. Plus Z’s are a complete mystery to me, no idea how to make fun of them.

I rarely hear Millennials hating on Gen X.

But ”Whatever, Boomer” or “OK, Boomer” has become an epithet. It’s bashing of one generation by another.

No matter who’s doing it, it’s ugly, and it’s going to get moderated.

Just as surely as a post that claims all members of a particular race, or gender, behave a certain way.

What city and state? Need to know where to avoid.
BMW? At least with my Hyundai/Kia's, I don't have to worry about carjacking. The vehicles will just disappear all by themselves from the driveway or stores' parking lots. Avoid the carjacking by shopping Korean and skip the software patch recall.

I live in a state where plenty of carjackers and home invaders get ended quickly. I grew up in a state where victims are suppose to surrender and/or attempt an escape. I know where I would not want to be a career criminal and what areas to avoid.

If you're in your vehicle, you still have to unbuckle a seat belt, open a door, toss keys/wallet at perp(preferably on ground behind him.... which gives you time to decide on your own escape or attack.

The sheriffs, police officers, judges..... around here do not get victims and criminals confused as they do in other states.

Problem around here is we have too many unarmed snowbirds that are easy picking for thieves, in their homes, condos, and vehicles.

I live in a state where plenty of carjackers and home invaders get ended quickly.
Yup.

Put a gun in my face and it's a person's last actions on earth. A criminal isn't going to threaten my life, and simply walk or drive away. I assume the guy has to actually get in the car, and drive off. That's a few moments of vulnerability as an ARMED FLEEING FELON is escaping. Where I live lethal defense is authorized, and would be used. Letting him go, also puts society at risk. High speed chases, future armed car jackings that might not end well for the victim, etc. In the aggregate society has gotten far far too apathetic about hanging horse thieves, and the problems are widespread as a result.

Also, a note about situational awareness is necessary. Scary for sure, glad OP wasn't harmed.

Yup.

Put a gun in my face and it's a person's last actions on earth. A criminal isn't going to threaten my life, and simply walk or drive away. I assume the guy has to actually get in the car, and drive off. That's a few moments of vulnerability as an ARMED FLEEING FELON is escaping. Where I live lethal defense is authorized, and would be used. Letting him go, also puts society at risk. High speed chases, future armed car jackings that might not end well for the victim, etc. In the aggregate society has gotten far far too apathetic about hanging horse thieves, and the problems are widespread as a result.

Also, a note about situational awareness is necessary. Scary for sure, glad OP wasn't harmed.
Better have a really expensive lawyer on standby.

Better have a really expensive lawyer on standby.
I'm not providing legal advice but IMO this is pure Self Defense, defense of your family, and society from an armed fleeing felon committing grand larceny. Turns out car jackers are repeat offenders, and do kill people. Compliance, FYI, is not a guarantee against being killed. Also, your car probably has your insurance and registration cards, which have your home address, where your family is living, and most cars have "homelink" which opens your garage door to your home.

It's extremely dangerous to allow an armed dangerous person to steal your car at gun point. No idea how desperate or violent car jackers are. I won't post any articles here but take a moment to research this topic and see for yourself. It doesn't always end with just an insurance claim. Murder, serious assaults, kidnappings, going to victims home to assault family, extortion/robbery, etc.

ETA: Very plausible scenario. Carjacker takes husband (seen with gold wedding band) hostage/kidnapped. ATM robbery next. Kills and dumps husband. Drives to home address on insurance/registration car that you keep in your glovebox. Enters thru garage homelink. Assaults and kills wife. That should be on every husbands' mind. If you don't think criminals do this, I have practiced criminal law for many many years and these types of scenarios are not uncommon.

Last edited:
We don't need expensive lawyers here either.

Police/deputies do NOT have a monopoly on law enforcement. That kind of thinking makes you a peasant. We the people control the narrative and our laws. A few states haven't surrendered to criminals and a few states don't prosecute victims.

Its pretty sad on how some people think. We don't live in fear and don't scare easily down here. I see that some have.

Since justice is not guaranteed one might be wary of having to explain oneself in a court of law why they fired the first shot. A scumbag can have my vehicle but would see instant justice if breaking into my home.

If you carry, you have to realize there are no-shoot situations, even with armed assailants. My first rule of combat, is for my family and I to survive. Carluver, you weren't there, I was not there. But with your weapon holstered and hidden, facing an armed, weapon in hand attacker, the odds are against you.

Even if the attacker only has a knife, within about 21 feet, you are at a disadvantage if your weapon is not in your hand. You can be killed with an edged weapon with in 21 feet , before you can draw and shoot.

The OP survived so he made the right call.
That‘s why you practice Bianci Cup shooting……..draw and shoot 5 rounds in less than 4 seconds. Add 4 seconds to that time because you were surprised, and need to process your surroundings and target before pulling the trigger. 🙂 Even if you are in the right, you better have a 3/4 to 1 million of carry insurance, as the politics of the day will make YOU the guilty one. You will have two fights on your hands with discharging your weapon many times. At least in some states.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back