Car not run for 9 months - Oil still good?

The oil should be fine however I would lose sleep worrying about another electrical issue if the vehicle was laid up for 9 months. Hopefully it's sorted out and repaired correctly

Thanks All for the replies, much appreciated. I did drive the car for about 2 hours after I picked it up from the dealer - mostly highway. It runs and sounds fine.

Yep the Genesis dealer is totally incompetent. The root cause was a bad junction block that is easily accessible from the trunk. They replaced two wiring harnesses and a fuse box, and some other stuff that I can't remember. Finally, they took a systematic approach and determined that the junction block was getting 12v in, but only 2v out. Unbelievable. I don't know anything about electronics, but it seems pretty dumb that they didn't attempt to trace the problem logically. Love the car, hate the service.

Thanks All for the replies, much appreciated. I did drive the car for about 2 hours after I picked it up from the dealer - mostly highway. It runs and sounds fine.

Yep the Genesis dealer is totally incompetent. The root cause was a bad junction block that is easily accessible from the trunk. They replaced two wiring harnesses and a fuse box, and some other stuff that I can't remember. Finally, they took a systematic approach and determined that the junction block was getting 12v in, but only 2v out. Unbelievable. I don't know anything about electronics, but it seems pretty dumb that they didn't attempt to trace the problem logically. Love the car, hate the service.
So in regards to your profile picture do we have a celebrity on Bitog?

Back