Car Features You'd Pay To Remove

all I need is a standard shift, AM- FM and a heater
Is AM even still a thing?

I'd like OnStar to go away. We don't pay a subscription but it pulls data every month and sends a report. I'd like to be able to run the tire pressure where I want, no reason to run the rears at 80 psi empty but I get email warnings if they go under 70 cold. I guess if we have a wreck it will check on us and call help even though we don't pay so there's that.

Just hit the fan speed button and the automatic feature controlling the fan speed turns off, it remains at the setting you selected.

Mine is a little different as I can set the max fan speed when Auto is engaged or disengage it completely and just go old school.

I intentionally deleted the sunroof on my last two SRT's, but I love my leather seats! (and dashboard, and door panels).
Sales guy when I bought my truck couldn’t wrap his mind around me going from my relatively loaded 300 with leather/pano sun roof/8.4” radio to a 1500 Classic Tradesman with cloth seats and the monochrome gray text only radio lol

Sunroof, stop/start, automatic cruise control and lane keep assist. I realize some of those can be turned off on a lot of models but not all. Or they come back on every time you start the car.

I'm convinced LKA and ACC are just not ready for prime time. And I've never understood cutting a hole in an otherwise perfectly good roof, paying extra for the privilege and then dealing with more road noise, less head room and potential leaks.

On the flip side I have friends who love sun roofs and wouldn't by a car without one.
All that can be turned off. At least in a Honda, Toyota.

id pay to have adaptive anything removed , any driving aids except abs (i like that) , climate control and auto fan crap , led headlights plus interior lighting.

basically give me a new 1984 toyota corolla diesel and ill be happy

Great topic! Here's my list of features than can be removed. I hope the automakers read our blog and take our guidance.
  • Auto/start stop. Override it 100% of the time.
  • Auto climate control. Just need the fan, mode & temp dials
  • Auto sensing wipers.
  • Sunroofs that open and close . . . Make them fixed
  • Paddle or stick shifting on cars with automatics – This is an oxymoron feature with an automatic. Never used.
  • Automaker Navigation systems – Have people use Android Auto, Apple Play or purchase a Garmin for the dash because are better and are always current than the provided GPS
  • On cars with CVTs, remove the shift points and let the CVT work as intended.
  • Giant infotainment screens that require you to have all interactions with the touch screen. Need to have buttons, dials, switches and knobs for the frequently used features . . . my Subaru Forester has got this right, never have to take my eyes of the road.
  • Sport mode – Never used
  • Side mirrors that adjust downward when in reverse. Never used.
  • Need adjustable volume and tones for the audible warning systems. On my Grand Cherokee the warning tone/vol will make your eyeballs pop out of its sockets when it goes off. 😲
  • The gigantic plastic cover over the engine. Need to remove it to change my oil filter cartridge.
  • Multi colors for fluids and coolants. Go back to the standard red for ATFs and green for radiator coolants.

Back