Can't decide between Castrol GTX, QSGB or Chevron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like title says, having hard time deciding between Chevron supreme, QSGB and Castrol GTX. Price isn't issue and MS5K would be selection if it was available. Thought of STP oil also. What do the good folks on BITOG think besides that I'm nuts
smile.gif

Assuming they meet your vehicle's requirements, tour vehicle with neither know about or care about the difference in those oils. Put any of them in and find something worthwhile to worry about.

Chevron Supreme is still on rollback at WM for $11.47-not sure which viscosity you're looking for, but CS 5W20 & 5W30 are definitely blends-
https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=205060&docFormat=PDF
If you're a Prime member, Amazon has the same price, you could get a $5 rebate (or three). Between those three oils, it's definitely a cost question. Now if PYB was in the mix, that would be different!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
I just got Grandma's Crown Vic, 200k miles all 10w30 GTX at 3-5k OCI and it is spotless inside the valve cover. I'm liking the GTX right now even if it is outdone by others on paper.

Well folks, I decided on GTX and nabbed another MC FL-910S
smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Well, Wal Mart has GTX, Magnatec and GTX HM all $17.47. Hmmm

Is Magnatec the synthetic one? I noticed Castrol synthetic for about $17 and change at my local Wal-Mart. It was about the same price as SuperTech synthetic. I'm not sure why they price their synthetic the same as their conventional - weird pricing plan.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Well, Wal Mart has GTX, Magnatec and GTX HM all $17.47. Hmmm

Is Magnatec the synthetic one? I noticed Castrol synthetic for about $17 and change at my local Wal-Mart. It was about the same price as SuperTech synthetic. I'm not sure why they price their synthetic the same as their conventional - weird pricing plan.

Yeah, 5w20 and 5w30 are synthetic. I couldn't figure that price thing either sir

thumbsup2.gif
car51

Not that i'm pro one and against the other. Both oils are very good. But i would choose GTX since it's easier to find in my area.

Well folks, I decided on GTX and nabbed another MC FL-910S
smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen
wink.gif

Is this for your Toyota/personal use or just to have around the shop? I don't think you would go wrong with any of them for 5000 mile OCI for most vehicles.

I know it is not one you were looking at, but I really like the Magnatec over the regular GTX, and is only a few bucks more a jug.

I too love the magnetic but that ultra clean looks like some good stuff on paper...castrol has really stepped it up here IMO....considering the price point they are at.

Originally Posted By: Shellguy
Good choice by the way!!

Yeah, decided on the Castrol GTX; maybe next time I'll get Magnatec
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back