Can thicker oil prevent rocker arm failures in Pentastar 3.6 V6?

If you have this 3.6L engine, you can either put your hands in your pocket and do nothing. Or, you can TRY to do something rebellious and see what happens.

Or buy an extended warranty and keep all your receipts. Again, motor oils (thick or thin) are not here to cover up **** engineering!

Is it true that there are more engine failures in the promaster van than say in Ram 1500?
I have seen a few Rainman Ray channel videos where they're doing major work on "blowmasters" as he calls them. To me the problems crop up on them due to high mileage, the way they're used and probably due to little/no maintenance done on them.

They're a good engine. Like said, the weak spots are the oil filter/cooler assembly, the occasional rocker arm issue you hear of and maybe all the plastic cooling system bits.

I have seen a few Rainman Ray channel videos where they're doing major work on "blowmasters" as he calls them. To me the problems crop up on them due to high mileage, the way they're used and probably due to little/no maintenance done on them.

They're a good engine. Like said, the weak spots are the oil filter/cooler assembly, the occasional rocker arm issue you hear of and maybe all the plastic cooling system bit
You have a point. Stop and go traffic, extended OCI on promaster could cause engine failures.

Back