Can someone tell me who makes this version of supertech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PimTac
I thought that in a recent discussion here the sense was that WalMart was consolidating its oil contracts to Warren Dist. ?

Dunno . it's been a while since I went item by item on their MSDS site checking to see who the maker is.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
I thought that in a recent discussion here the sense was that WalMart was consolidating its oil contracts to Warren Dist. ?

Dunno . it's been a while since I went item by item on their MSDS site checking to see who the maker is.

I may be mistaken then. I thought this came up in the last few months with speculation that Citgo was being dropped

Amalie is another blender that does or used to make Supertech in select regions. From a business standpoint it could make sense to have one blender on contract.

I may be mistaken then. I thought this came up in the last few months with speculation that Citgo was being dropped

Amalie is another blender that does or used to make Supertech in select regions. From a business standpoint it could make sense to have one blender on contract.

Sure. Wally's buyers are masters at leveraging suppliers against one another.

(I've heard Amalie was a private labeler in the past for Wally's too)

Originally Posted by Doublehaul
Warren makes great stuff. I've got more confidence in their lube than just about anybody's

Yeah, I've only used Superteam and Mag1 a couple times and didn't ever have an issue. Seeing UOA's of SuperTech should make a believer out of most any reasonable person... except those that are stubborn(ly) averse to house brands, no amount of VOA/UOA's will ever convince them. C'est la vie..

Warren has historically held the ST Synthetic blending contract IRC. The other blenders had the regional blend contracts for the non synthetic market.

Today is it Warren.

Originally Posted by CKN
Agreed but I'd rather support a quality company than one who funds the violation of basic human rights in the Americas

I've purchased many citgo products over the years and have always had good service. But alas...no more

Well..you can only pick and choose under this philosophy for a while. There are smart TVs, cell phones, and especially clothing that you wouldn't want to buy, but would have to really work at finding made in the USA brands to enforce your philosophy.

It's not about "made in America". I shoot German rifles, use German optics, drive Japanese vehicles...even my atv and ope are made in Japan...and that's my preference. I just don't to support the Venezuelan government in any way possible.

***I actually was just informed by my wife that as of 2019 citgo is reported to no longer benefit the Venezuelan government. I'll look into it and if that's the case I have no probleM buying from theM

*** I have no issue with American made products but buy on quality and that alone. Sometimes that is American made sometimes not

If you think the Venezuelan government is bad, you should really read up on all the things Saudi Arabia has done.

That whole business with the journalist and the bone saw wasn't even the most evil thing they had done that year.

That's not even to mention all the awful things that all the oil companies have done, and even those are only the things we know about. We're talking about bloody coups that killed thousands, here.

If you want to buy ethically sourced oil or gasoline, don't buy oil or gasoline.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster

If you want to buy ethically sourced oil or gasoline, don't buy oil or gasoline.

True..

Didn't the Saudi govt basically take/steal Aramco from Chevron?

Originally Posted by dave1251
Not really. It's a very complicated history.

So Chevron changed it's status back in the 70's in re to the Saudis and Aramco to, "It's complicated"...‚

Originally Posted by dave1251
XOM, Texaco, the U.S., Saudi governments, and private individuals owned it.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/humani...maps/arabian-american-oil-company-aramco

There you go you received a history lesson today. You can tank me later. I fail to find the humor in ignorance.

Who asked for a history lesson from you? And too bad my tongue in cheek reply was lost on you, as you could have saved yourself the effort because I really don't give a *$#& about the details. But maybe you were just bored and needed something to do, dunno.🤔

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back