C55 AMG - Oil recommendations for Track usage?

Thx edyvw!
The cooler thermostat for the n/a M113 is a wahler unit for 71c, that mishimoto one unfortuantely only works for the supercharged M113k

Swapped the oil out for the Valvoline Euro 5w40 this past weekend, all is well so far, nothing noticeable to report, will update as the miles go by...

Thx edyvw!
The cooler thermostat for the n/a M113 is a wahler unit for 71c, that mishimoto one unfortuantely only works for the supercharged M113k

Swapped the oil out for the Valvoline Euro 5w40 this past weekend, all is well so far, nothing noticeable to report, will update as the miles go by...
71c? That is even lower than Mishimoto. That is actually really low. If your oil temperature is still high, than you really have to go air to fluid oil cooler. Do you have a way to measure oil temperature on track?

Very low indeed...

Oil temps haven't really been an issues thus far, I usually check them through my scan tool. I am in the process of installing an oil pressure gauge and temp sensor gauges

This was on pretty cold days ( 40F ) with no real hot lapping, I suspect this summer I will see 5-10 degrees higher or so...

Very low indeed...

Oil temps haven't really been an issues thus far, I usually check them through my scan tool. I am in the process of installing an oil pressure gauge and temp sensor gauges
Stick to the 5w-40 or 0w-40 229.5 bud.

If you're tracking the car you'll need to do more regular oil changes, it's just par for the course.

Worth increasing the gearbox/transmission oil changes as well.

You realise if you install an oil pressure gauge you'll end up looking at it more often than you look out of the windscreen ;)

Yea, after the increasing availability and great deals to be had on 229.5 approved 5w40 oil, I will probably just keep buying it in bulk and changing more frequently. Summer time I will probably try out either the Mobil 5w50 or 15w50.

I plan on doing the gearbox every 15-20k which is probably overkill but I have lifetime MB fluid in it from FCPeuro so why not?

haha! Yes, well aware I will become fixated on the oil pressure gauge! I will try to get one with an alert sound for dangerous pressures so that I can relax with it most of the time.

I am going to call the place in the morning to confirm and then will share haha, reason being.. That 24qts of the Redline I ordered for $60 was from the same vendor (Partner of Walmart) and only 2qts showed up... I was refunded but still...
Will update tomorrow!

I am going to call the place in the morning to confirm and then will share haha, reason being.. That 24qts of the Redline I ordered for $60 was from the same vendor (Partner of Walmart) and only 2qts showed up... I was refunded but still...
Will update tomorrow!
ooooo, you got a deal there.

Still waiting to hear back on what happened with the shipment, their customer service line takes forever so I resorted to email. Should have a response from the shipping warehouse within 48hrs they said. I also inquired if the deal for the Mobil 1 5w40 formula M is in fact legit and will receive a response in the same time frame. *fingers crossed*

Still waiting to hear back on what happened with the shipment, their customer service line takes forever so I resorted to email. Should have a response from the shipping warehouse within 48hrs they said. I also inquired if the deal for the Mobil 1 5w40 formula M is in fact legit and will receive a response in the same time frame. *fingers crossed*

If you haven't looked, Blauparts is a good place to buy Euro oils from. That's where I bought my last shipment of Ravenol SSL, as they routinely have sales.

So.. been a while but still no update on the Mobil 1 Formula M 5w40... you can find the listing here which says 6 x 1qt:
You could risk it, but based off the info below I would like a verbal confirmation from them first before buying...

They stated for the $16 case of 12qts of Redline Euro Pro series 5w40, that it was an incorrect listing by Walmart... However, they also had the same listing up until yesterday, now it only shows for the Redline diesel 5w40.
... so again, need more follow up from them over the phone. They are pretty hard to reach in any form besides email unfortunately...

I'll plan on sticking with Walmart and Valvoline 5w40 for the time being...

yea... it was NOT a good customer experience at all, but thankfully Walmart covered their butt's and issued a refund asap...

Sticking with Walmart or NAPA during sales, will be easiest and most efficient for me.

Are you interested in trying VR1 20w50? If you are trying to cut down on consumption, I would recommend maxlife in 10w40 or 20w50, or perhaps Mobil1 high mileage 10w40. I realize none of these oils meet MB spec, but you have already tried MB spec'd oils and they are getting burned off.

Back