C&R firearms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
host the image to photo bucket or picasa then wheb you type up your reply copy the image url and then click the third button form the left of the bold button and enter the url there.. it gives you 4 options where to place the photo in the reply.... typed this on my droid... sorry for punctuation

ok this weekend i will put some up, thanks bigkat my gf has my camera so it's gotta wait til saturday! hey, yaris i read u have a couple M44s, how about giftin me one:D

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
ok this weekend i will put some up, thanks bigkat my gf has my camera so it's gotta wait til saturday! hey, yaris i read u have a couple M44s, how about giftin me one:D
No way sir! I just sold my 54' Romanian M44 (the only one I would sell btw) to a coworker for only $130. I picked it up for $100. So after a tune up and cleaning he got a good deal. Wouldnt dare sell my Russian M44 or M38. Hard to find these days. I dont know your area but every gun show I go to has at least 1 M38/44 at a low price. I bought all my Mosin-Nagant carbines and M91/30's for $100. Now if I could find surplus pistols at these prices I'd be in heaven.

why did you not ask me 1st?! i would have given you 150 for it! lol, the gun shows around these parts don't have alot of mosins...actually people scoff at them. i want to remind them that with the 800 bucks they spent on their fancy browning 30-06, i can make 2 mosins shoot just as accurate! actually my buddy told me today to quit buying "old, [censored]" guns and save up for a nice one. i told him no thanks, i like the guns i have, and i want more older guns to add to my collection! i want a m38 or m44 soooo bad!

I keep going back and forth on getting a 91/30. Friend let me shoot one, so I know I don't mind the recoil. My only thing is, I'd have to go and buy whatever headspace gauges necessary; and then it's still a [censored] as to if I got a good one or not. I probably wouldn't mind much if I had more disposable income for such things.

Originally Posted By: supton
I keep going back and forth on getting a 91/30. Friend let me shoot one, so I know I don't mind the recoil. My only thing is, I'd have to go and buy whatever headspace gauges necessary; and then it's still a [censored] as to if I got a good one or not. I probably wouldn't mind much if I had more disposable income for such things.

If you buy a 91/30 with a matching bolt it is very unlikely that you will have a headspace issue. 99.9% of these rifles were re-furbished to like new condition by a com-bloc arsenal and then put into storage. Various importers, such as Century Arms bring them into the USA and then sell them to C&R holders or to one of their many retailers (Dunham's, Big Five, etc.). AIM Surplus has these on sale for $79 right now and you will not have to check the headspace on these rifles.

It will likely still have cosmoline in it and on it from long term storage, but then you'll know it hasn't been messed with and the headspace will be good.

i have never hear of head space issues with Mosins. i hear about that kind of stuff with old mausers and such. i'd say, buy one that has matching #s on the receiver and bolt, and it should be fine. mine is a 1933 Tula with Hex receiver, and all the numbers match, it does great! like jjjxlr8 said, they were refurbished and packed away for the next conflict the ussr got itself into. many of them available for purchase probably never even saw the battlefield as they were fazed out in favor the sks and ak47.

Wasn't sure, it's not exactly a low pressure 22lr round after all. I saw the bit about checking headspace off of thetruthaboutguns.com and figured it was a good idea.

Originally Posted By: supton
Wasn't sure, it's not exactly a low pressure 22lr round after all. I saw the bit about checking headspace off of thetruthaboutguns.com and figured it was a good idea.

it surely wouldn't hurt to have it checked. our local gun guy said he'd do it for 10 bucks..so it's not like it's a 100 dollar service. i hope you get one! you probably won't regret it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back