Weapon Shield Is Back!

So… 6+ months later and… nothing. Not a huge confidence builder.

This is why I warned this forum prior to all of this that if you want WS, you'd better buy it.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am from Watt's Truck Center and I have been in contact with Tom from Rattac and I am currently waiting for the new inventory to ship! I do have some new old stock of oiler pens on the way, but Tom said the new stuff is in packaging right now and maybe 2-3 weeks from shipping. I have spoken with George Fennel also and he gave Tom the thumbs up.

As far as rouge charge card charges, I can't detail our security levels on a public forum but we are secure with SSL and encryption plus the credit card numbers are NEVER stored in our system database ever! If a hack were to happen, it would have to be before the info was transmitted to our system.

So… 6+ months later and… nothing. Not a huge confidence builder.
The last I heard, Tom was working with a Blending Facility to bring the WS products back on line. There is a new website up but not operational yet. https://weapon-shield.com/ Here is his contact info for your questions. [email protected] 253.359.4347
Ive dug further. We are probably 1-2mo out on seeing it again. No change to formula.
I asked Tom for an update, here is his response.

Happy to do so.

People have to remember we are building a business from the ground up. This is not just an "unlock the door old Steel Shield doors, and turn the lights" on transition. We (Rattac Technologies) purchased just the formula. None of the infrastructure, machines, hardware, software, no business records - nothing. This is a huge project.

That said, we have successfully created an entirely new business entity and with that had to forge new business relationships, find suppliers willing to participate in the firearms world, and renew distributing points along the way. Blending, packaging, labeling, attorneys, trademarks, all had to be renewed, resorted or in some cases created for the first time. That takes time - and capital.

To this point I am happy to say we have 660 gallons produced. Labels have been redesigned and the proofs approved. labels are being produced now, and bottles have been ordered. As far as blending goes, the only thing left to do is get the cinnamon fragrance settled. We are (obviously) not using the same supplier of cinnamon fragrance and so everyone's intensity of their fragrance is different. We are working with the blender using some legacy product to match the fragrance level. Once that is done, we will be ready to bottle and ship. I've attached a new label for your review.

I'm reluctant to give a firm release date as things just seem to have a way of doing their own thing and making us look silly. But - we are VERY close to being able to offer a release date. Encourage people to go to the web site www.weapo-shield.com and sign up for our newsletter that will provide all the latest news and info.

The New Label
4 oz label.jpg

Reactions: Ws6
The last I heard, Tom was working with a Blending Facility to bring the WS products back on line. There is a new website up but not operational yet. https://weapon-shield.com/ Here is his contact info for your questions. [email protected] 253.359.4347

I asked Tom for an update, here is his response.

Happy to do so.

People have to remember we are building a business from the ground up. This is not just an "unlock the door old Steel Shield doors, and turn the lights" on transition. We (Rattac Technologies) purchased just the formula. None of the infrastructure, machines, hardware, software, no business records - nothing. This is a huge project.

That said, we have successfully created an entirely new business entity and with that had to forge new business relationships, find suppliers willing to participate in the firearms world, and renew distributing points along the way. Blending, packaging, labeling, attorneys, trademarks, all had to be renewed, resorted or in some cases created for the first time. That takes time - and capital.

To this point I am happy to say we have 660 gallons produced. Labels have been redesigned and the proofs approved. labels are being produced now, and bottles have been ordered. As far as blending goes, the only thing left to do is get the cinnamon fragrance settled. We are (obviously) not using the same supplier of cinnamon fragrance and so everyone's intensity of their fragrance is different. We are working with the blender using some legacy product to match the fragrance level. Once that is done, we will be ready to bottle and ship. I've attached a new label for your review.

I'm reluctant to give a firm release date as things just seem to have a way of doing their own thing and making us look silly. But - we are VERY close to being able to offer a release date. Encourage people to go to the web site www.weapo-shield.com and sign up for our newsletter that will provide all the latest news and info.

The New Label
View attachment 177020
Typo: The website link should be weapon not weapo

Any further updates when their products will be available?
You can go to the website and call or email Tom directly. https://weapon-shield.com This is the last email I received from him in December.
Jim,

The sample has been received and approved - passed all of our tests -
including the smell test! Our vendor has been given authority to
schedule bottling. Now we wait.

Another 330 gallons will be coming shortly after this one, and then we
will begin creating Weapon Shield Solvent.

Grease is the next hurdle so we can begin selling our maintenance kits
again. we also have new delivery systems and new products already in the
works.

Thanks as always for your interest.

Tom

I assume most of us are Americans here, I am at least, so I can joke about this.

We as Americans are so funny about our lubricants. We need motor oil for cars (rightfully so), and honing oil for knife sharpening, garage door chain lube, and chain lube for the motorcycle, and of course a special lubricant and cleaner for their guns.....but not just one oil for all the guns. Some use Ballistol for their high dollar checkered stock hand fitted and engraved shotgun, Safariland CLP for their AR15, and lubriplate for their M1 Garand.

I used to do the same thing. But over the years I found that "gun oil and cleaner" is super expensive, and has not yielded any returns as far as reliability, accuracy, finish preservation, or anything. Other than the somewhat "pleasant" smell of some, I have found no advantage to any gun oil over standard automotive type lubricants such as motor oil, ATF, or grease. All can be had for a fraction of the price, and do just as good if not better at their intended purpose. One exception is Ballistol, which emulsifies in water, and stays with a surface after the mixing with water. I have found it to be good for leather and wood.

Today, I use ATF or diesel fuel to clean my guns, especially ones that use corrosive primers, and use either grease or motor oil as a lube.

I assume most of us are Americans here, I am at least, so I can joke about this.

We as Americans are so funny about our lubricants. We need motor oil for cars (rightfully so), and honing oil for knife sharpening, garage door chain lube, and chain lube for the motorcycle, and of course a special lubricant and cleaner for their guns.....but not just one oil for all the guns. Some use Ballistol for their high dollar checkered stock hand fitted and engraved shotgun, Safariland CLP for their AR15, and lubriplate for their M1 Garand.

I used to do the same thing. But over the years I found that "gun oil and cleaner" is super expensive, and has not yielded any returns as far as reliability, accuracy, finish preservation, or anything. Other than the somewhat "pleasant" smell of some, I have found no advantage to any gun oil over standard automotive type lubricants such as motor oil, ATF, or grease. All can be had for a fraction of the price, and do just as good if not better at their intended purpose. One exception is Ballistol, which emulsifies in water, and stays with a surface after the mixing with water. I have found it to be good for leather and wood.

Today, I use ATF or diesel fuel to clean my guns, especially ones that use corrosive primers, and use either grease or motor oil as a lube.
I put some 0W16 in an old school oil can - limitless man ! 😷

I appreciate what you are saying. For example I used to clean my guns every time I shot them. Even 10 rounds. Pretty nuts with a modern stainless gun and modern ammo.

OTOH - ATF and diesel stink. And aren't that great at cleaning hard deposits. I find Hoppe's to be a better deep cleaner, sometimes I'll use a little Kroil in the mix. I have a nasty bolt, I'll just soak it overnight and everything brushes right off.

For lube, yes guns are not THAT particular. I mean if you use grease where there is supposed to be 1 drop of light oil and you go out in 0°F temps, you could have a problem. But some guns in the summer, as long as it doesn't smell like asx......axle grease or rear end oil then most lubes will be fine.

But since I have a couple cases of the Amsoil stuff to hand out as freebies, makes my life easy. I like the small bottles, as odd as that sounds.

I appreciate what you are saying. For example I used to clean my guns every time I shot them. Even 10 rounds. Pretty nuts with a modern stainless gun and modern ammo.

OTOH - ATF and diesel stink. And aren't that great at cleaning hard deposits. I find Hoppe's to be a better deep cleaner, sometimes I'll use a little Kroil in the mix. I have a nasty bolt, I'll just soak it overnight and everything brushes right off.

For lube, yes guns are not THAT particular. I mean if you use grease where there is supposed to be 1 drop of light oil and you go out in 0°F temps, you could have a problem. But some guns in the summer, as long as it doesn't smell like asx......axle grease or rear end oil then most lubes will be fine.

But since I have a couple cases of the Amsoil stuff to hand out as freebies, makes my life easy. I like the small bottles, as odd as that sounds.

American Patriot to be exact! This is what makes this Country Great. We still a choice. Hopefully that will continue past November 2024
Just some history. Didn't give it much thought until I purchased a Dan Wesson years ago and their recommendation for Lubricant was FP-10. The first Product developed by George Fennell. I did some research and decided there is some good science behind the more expensive lubricants. After George sold FP10 to another company I believe the formula was changed. It did not seem to perform as well. At that point I switched to M-Pro7 made by Pantheon for several years. Pantheon and Bushnell parted ways. Pantheon kept the formula and Bushnell kept the name. So the current M-Pro7 Products being sold today are NOT the original formula. Pantheon is now selling the original formula under the name of Pantheon Premium. After the Pantheon/Bushnell split I found Weapons Shield and have been using it ever since. I trust the science behind George's Product. Could I have saved some money over the years, Yeah. But I don't buy cheap AMMO either. For everything else I own, I use Amsoil. My 3 cents! All that said, We Still have a choice. God, I love this Country.
Don't Tread On Me!

I have no doubt the product works well, and do not dispute that there is good engineering behind the product. Militec-1 was another product recommended for use by some manufacturers. M107 rifles used to be issued in Pelican cases, with a special bottle spot in the case of Militec-1 in the case.

I do agree that in some environments a special lube can definitely be a plus
I used to clean my guns every time I shot them. Even 10 rounds.
Not a bad practice at all. I generally do the same thing. Shooting a lot of corrosive ammo, I have had some time to test some things out. ATF seems to remove powder fouling and prohibit corrosion better than most. This is just a visual test I have done with a Mosin Nagant, and an RPK that uses corrosive ammo. Counting patches.........science you know.:)
ATF and diesel stink
I use ATF and mineral spirits or acetone mix. They destroy carbon deposits. When I worked in the oil field in Wyoming, diesel fuel and gasoline were the "solvents" to clean things off like the tongs and slips. I typically use ATF and not diesel.
doesn't smell like asx
This is a good point. I would not use gear oil due to the smell. But many gun oils have a weird strong smell, like Hoppes and Clenzoil

Back