Bye bye Valvoline EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am dropping use of my favorite oil, Redline Performance 5w-30 Euro. It went from $12.95 a qt to 17.97 a qt. I can't justify $85 for an oil change. I just bought 3) 5 liter jugs of Motul 8100-Clean Gen 2 5w-40 on an Amazon special for $47 a jug, free shipping. My Kona uses 4 liters with filter.
My money says you would do just fine with QSFS 5W-40 at now $22.97 a jug and change oil twice a year!

Last edited:
I laugh when you Americans complain about price. What you are paying for regular price, even after the rate exchange into CAD, is what we pay for some oils when they are on sale. . . Let's not forget the 13% tax here in Ontario. However, money is money I suppose.

Also the whole "owned by the Saudis" point in irrelevant in this modern day and age as companies right here at home (USA and Canada) do terrible things as well in the realms of: politics, economics, social issues, war and other areas of life.

However, I understand, not everything is objective, there are subjective aspects to making decicions as well and in the end, we are only human. A change to, QSUD, PP or M1 would be a good choice, can't go wrong with any of them.

I wouldn’t buy it either, yeah it’s only $6 bucks or so more than Mobil 1, but when you think about it, that’s around 30%. I’m not paying 30% more for anything unless it’s worth it. And I don’t think it is...not psychologically, physically, emotionally, whatever. It’s oil. Mobil1 (or others) are just as good if not better. Why pay 30% more for Valvoline? I waste money on other things, I’m not going to do it for something that doesn’t move the needle in a conversation when all things are equal (Or less than equal). Now, if Valvoline moves your needle, buy it. Simple. It’s only $6 bucks more. Heck yeah buy it. But for me? Nope.

I wouldn’t buy it either, yeah it’s only $6 bucks or so more than Mobil 1, but when you think about it, that’s around 30%. I’m not paying 30% more for anything unless it’s worth it. And I don’t think it is...not psychologically, physically, emotionally, whatever. It’s oil. Mobil1 (or others) are just as good if not better. Why pay 30% more for Valvoline? I waste money on other things, I’m not going to do it for something that doesn’t move the needle in a conversation when all things are equal (Or less than equal). Now, if Valvoline moves your needle, buy it. Simple. It’s only $6 bucks more. Heck yeah buy it. But for me? Nope.
I tend to think in percentage as well - and where a product lands (one of a half dozen brands of similar quality)

They just cut production amounts during an international oil shortage. Biden his first day cut oil production sites and pipelines. Then acted surprised when gas started going up. Seven months before putin attacked ukraine.

So the saudis have not acted like allies.
And they are not going to when they have us by the short hairs.

It’s very hard to keep politics out of the responses when that’s all it is.

Biden his first day cut oil production sites and pipelines. Then acted surprised when gas started going up.
Why do people struggle with facts? No, he did not. Biden issued an executive order that paused new oil and gas lease sales on government land pending a review which a federal judge struck down a few months later. Oil production did NOT change following that order. Heck, Biden has surpassed Trump in issuing drilling permits on public land since that time.

There always seems to be Internet "researchers" who like to troll everyone with false information and half-truths for political points.

Stop spreading disinformation.

Why do people struggle with facts? No, he did not. Biden issued an executive order that paused new oil and gas lease sales on government land pending a review which a federal judge struck down a few months later. Oil production did NOT change following that order. Heck, Biden has surpassed Trump in issuing drilling permits on public land since that time.

There always seems to be Internet "researchers" who like to troll everyone with false information and half-truths for political points.

What about the 80 million acres in the Gulf? Sounds like someone else needs to do a little fact checking.
Giving a conservative view will probably get this thread locked.

What about the 80 million acres in the Gulf? Sounds like someone else needs to do a little fact checking.
What about it? I am well aware of it. Are you? What is your point or question? Generally, when people make quick little questions like that it is because they don't understand it. Please, tell me. I am dying to know what fact-checking I didn't do that you can enlighten me about.

Fact: U.S. domestic production reached its highest point ever in early 2020, with over 13 million barrels of oil produced a day.

Current federal government actions and attitudes towards exploration and drilling on federal lands have caused oil companies to curtail the number or volume of projects that would produce future oil, gas, and coal products -- future crude oil and gas supplies needed to keep consumer costs reasonable over time. The current negative climate towards oil and gas production has caused consumer prices to rise and the valuation of oil companies to rise as well. Oil and gas are commodities; futures speculation is alive and well.

Last edited:
The cost of everything is up and it doesn't matter whom or why, none of us are going to "fix it" here.
My current oils come from an "American" company and a "Brittish" company, but the reality is that they are international companies that buy ingredients as a commodity and it could be Nigerian oil with Belgian chemcals in my cars. I'm not buying American oil nor Brittish oil. Nothing changes, they run ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back