Bye bye Valvoline EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I change the oil in my wife's car at 5,000 mile intervals, I'm going to have to move on to a new oil, probably Super Tech...I can't justify the price....
IMG_20220902_135117952_HDR.jpg

I ordered 2 5qt jugs of Mobil1 ep 5w20 from Amazon on 6/30/22 for $26.47 per jug. Don’t know what the price is today or your feelings about Exxon Mobil, just a heads up.

So $32.00 for a jug plus $6.00 for a filter. Call it $40.00 and the Instant Oil change places are pushing $100.00 OK-you can't justify it. Hope your electronic devices you use to participate this forum are not made in China.

If I had the choice, my smartphone wouldn't be made in China. Luckily, there are a lot of oil brands that are Western owned. Maybe one day devices will be made here, we can only hope

If I had the choice, my smartphone wouldn't be made in China. Luckily, there are a lot of oil brands that are Western owned. Maybe one day devices will be made here, we can only hope
As long as we realize we pick and choose what is most nonsensical.....to us!

Well the SuperTech is like $20.00 for a 5 quart jug, my thought is that oil is cheaper than Steel. I can remember when I could get PP for like $18.99 a 5 quart jug.

Look, if you dont care about the car, use the cheapest oil, but if you kind of care about the car, then use something that is good.

Not much more and you can get HPL oils @High Performance Lubricants if you want an Ultimate level oil. There is no "best" but HPL is one of them.
What is your definition of not much more? only double or is that triple 🤫

Not that I dont like HPL but my 2.5L forester with 73HP/L will get along just fine on PP or rotella gas truck I picked up for pennies.
Now gear oil.. I might fork out for some HPL.

Well the SuperTech is like $20.00 for a 5 quart jug, my thought is that oil is cheaper than Steel. I can remember when I could get PP for like $18.99 a 5 quart jug.

Look, if you dont care about the car, use the cheapest oil, but if you kind of care about the car, then use something that is good.
The Great Reset?

It sounds like the extra protection or EP is to describe how much of it will still be on the shelves at Walmart being chilled by that air conditioning. Apparently they did not learn anything from Exxon Mobil when they had their annual protection oil at $50 a jug. Now I know there's a big difference between the two companies as far as quality and which one makes a better product but somebody who was marketing this should be kicked between the legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back