Buying Oil At Wal-Mart VS Part Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have mixed feelings with Walmart. Don't love it, don't hate it. Recently got Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 for $19.73 or so...certainly not going to buy at the $35+ a 5qt jug somewhere else. Try to support small local business but only to a certain point.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Both sides share the blame here. Telling someone their panties are bunched or wadded is not constructive at all. There are plenty of retail options to buy oil from.

LOL who ever said telling the truth had to be constructive?

I buy all oil/filters at Menards since I don't require anything special and with rebates overall prices can be very low.

I try to buy as little at WM as possible. *insert lump here*

"OP used that term first."

My nieces and nephews would say something like that when they were young.

"LOL who ever said telling the truth had to be constructive?"

This is what is taught in today's govt schools.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I don't care how anyone spends their money.
21.gif

Yet you started this thread asking 'why'.
21.gif

You put people's pride in question and their shopping habits over something as trivial as motor oil, and you say you don't have your panties in a wad?

BOF, I like you. You're one of the good guys, but I just don't get this thread. Are you having a bad day?
smile.gif

Wishing you all the best!

cheers3.gif

Yes, I have a major operation coming up on September 18th and am rebelling in every way l can. My son and l have had words, my fault, of course. I have been short with my g/f and she gives back just as bad as l give. My mother is in a nursing home and has almost lost her memory. My father has been an alcoholic all his life, is 75, and is falling a lot lately and hurting himself, due to his drinking.
So, you tell me, is my life F'ED UP? I would say a big YES!
Anyway, l apologize to all l have offended here.
Good night.

Take care of yourself as best you can. Take care of your mom as best you can. And understand that she is still the same person she has always been, it is just she can't express or remember things the way she would even like to has well. Your father has been where's he's been and done what's he's done, love him the best you can, even despite all of his failings, flaws, terrible actions and things said.... He is still your father. Try to love him the best you can, slow to anger, quick to forgive and always have a hand out to him when or if he ever decides to make a change in his life. Holding onto anger, resentment, and ill feelings against someone else is like us drinking poison and expecting the other person to suffer or die from the poison we drank ourselves. As far as your own circumstances... Take care of yourself as best you can, take everything one day at a time, do the best you can, keep your mind on things above, and keep on keeping on. One step at a time. Good to see you on here. Always good in fact. Here for you man.

Last edited:
How many here, besides me, buy their oil and filters at WM? I have read on here how some would rather not buy ANYTHING from WM. Why? Do you like spending at least $10 more for the same 5 qt. container of oil at a parts store than to buy it at WM? Oh, I get it. It's that lump in your throat called PRIDE! Careful now, don't choke on it.

I will gladly pay twice as much than give WM any of my money.

First off, I'll just say that where people spend their money or how much they spend is their business, not mine.

That said, if you "hate" Walmart, disagree with their business practices, the way they treat employees, etc, etc .... but still buy products there because they offer the best price, you're the epitome of hypocrisy !

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
How many here, besides me, buy their oil and filters at WM? I have read on here how some would rather not buy ANYTHING from WM. Why? Do you like spending at least $10 more for the same 5 qt. container of oil at a parts store than to buy it at WM? Oh, I get it. It's that lump in your throat called PRIDE! Careful now, don't choke on it.

What's wrong with WM? All their stores in these parts have a great customer base.

Walmart or Meijer for me, NAPA or AZ if it's on clearance/sale or rebates involved that beat Walmart's pricing. Filters are sourced online due buying by dozen or half-dozen at a time lowers the overall prices and sometimes shipping is free.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
If somebody wants to buy stuff elsewhere, what do you care?

FYI, I dont buy my oil and filters at WM because they dont have what I want.

+1

It is always a hassle:
Price doesn't match website.
Item not in stock unless you are looking for 5W-30, even though website said it was.
Etc.
Plus my time is worth something. The hour it takes to get it there is not worth saving $1-$2 compared to online, shipped to front door price.
I have purchased at SAMS Club if I am there and price is right. Picked up 2 6-packs of M1 5W-30 there a few weeks ago.
I never buy oil/filter at parts store because price is usually waaaay higher then WM or online.

Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: IllinoisSparky
It is always a hassle:
Price doesn't match website.
Item not in stock unless you are looking for 5W-30, even though website said it was.

Walmart's website is primarily for walmart.com, the online/mail-order service. Pricing, stock level, etc isn't reflected at the store level unless you specify that. Also, the retail stores and walmart.com can and do frequently have different pricing and no obligation to 'price-match'. They might if you ask though but don't have to.

I only read the first page, not sure if this was stated before but, I also don't buy from Wally's because they SUCK.

I get all my 200-300 quarts of oil from Auto Parts store clearances / sales. $1-2 a quart for synthetic and I always have oil and filters on hand. $15 synthetic oil change??? (with OEM oil filter) Yes Please!

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Why is that? What would the world do without china freight?
wink.gif

I hate that place; it goes against the grain of everything I believe in. Now all the hardware stores think they need to stock cheap junk too.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1

What's wrong with WM? All their stores in these parts have a great customer base.

Let him pay twice as much. My Walmart is already PLENTY CROWDED!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1

I hate their corporate greed, forcing their suppliers to lower their prices so much only WM makes any money, they are a terrible employer, if WM was a country, they would be one of the worlds largest importers from China, flooding North America with cheap products.

There is a reason why more social conscious countries, like Germany, where WM has failed.

they are a terrible employer

That's an interesting take.
Many of the folks at my local WM are familiar faces, people I see year after year, and don't have that opinion.
They could go up the street several miles to the Amazon warehouse and make higher wages, but don't seem anxious to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back