Burned

Never heard of it. Why would toothpaste on a burn be a good idea?
what is the factual basis?
Apply petroleum jelly two to three times daily. Do not apply ointments, toothpaste or butter to the burn, as these may cause an infection. Do not apply topical antibiotics.

Source: https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/injured-skin/burns/treat-minor-burns

I been doing this for years and years with no adverse effects. I dont need the liberal media to tell me what right.
Somewhere ya working where u dont got luxury burn ointments - But if you keep your teeth right then you gonna relieve alot of pain easily.

Little known fact, Toothpaste on a fresh burn is the best remedy.
No no no. You never put anything on a burn on a first or second degree burn except for cool water for 15 minutes per the red cross and many other reputable first aid instructions. Folk remedies and wifes tales like this make burn worse and can lead to scarring and infections.

I been doing this for years and years with no adverse effects. I dont need the liberal media to tell me what right.
Somewhere ya working where u dont got luxury burn ointments - But if you keep your teeth right then you gonna relieve alot of pain easily.

Speaking as someone who was certified by the Red Cross in first aid and CPR, maybe you shouldn't be recommending folk remedies that contradict the advice of actual medical experts. Liberal media, really? Cold water, and nothing but.

Speaking as someone who was certified by the Red Cross in first aid and CPR, maybe you shouldn't be recommending folk remedies that contradict the advice of actual medical experts. Liberal media, really? Cold water, and nothing but.
Yes! Folk remedies can actually make burns worse. Copoious amounts of running water for thermal or chemical burns.

Speaking as someone who is certified in hackjobery and ghetto rigging, I can say that kids toothpaste works no better than regular crest or colegate.

EDIT: I dont need the harassing PM's

Apparently the American Academy of Dermatology Association don't know what they're talking about ... :LOL:

You have to fight fire with fire, rub chili peppers on the burn, just like getting rid of a hangover take a couple of aspirin with 2 beers and within 15.20 minutes your good to go. (y)

No bueno. Sorry to hear you got burned.

Always do mine cold. I have heard various reasons as to why one should do it hot but none have compelled me to change my ways. I have zero desire to be underneath a hot vehicle. I could not care less if it is recommended, subjectively “better” or whatever. The machine is there to be a convenience and better my life, not the other way around. YMMV

Back