Buick Regal for my 16 yoa daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice car for a doctoral student as well.
smile.gif

Lucky daughter! I had a 2011 Regal and it was a very nice car, easily one of my favorite cars I have owned.

Congrats.

My father made sure I wasn't going to goon around racing people so he bought me a 4k pound Jeep with an inline 6 lol.

I'm sure as any youth is, she will be on cloud 9 with that nice of a car.

Nice car. I have always enjoyed those cars.

For what it is worth, I have seen a a nice young lady who unfortunately had a bad accident in a Regal. Hit a 10' retaining wall holding back a mountain at significant speed. She was a bit woozy from impact (or something else, don't know), but was uninjured. Still, the car did it's job so even with a young driver, it is a great car.

My 2011 doesn't have the turbo, and I wish it did. Aside from that it has been a terrific, reliable, fun to drive car. I keep looking to find a '14 or later turbo to replace it, but I can't find the color combo I want -- and right now that's fine with me. I still find myself grinning while driving this one.

Your daughter will truly enjoy it. If I'd had, say, a '66 Buick LeSabre as my first car at age 16, I'd have been happier than the proverbial porcine in the fecal matter.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice car for a high school student.

Heck,that'd be a nice car for me!
19.gif

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice car for a high school student.

Heck,that'd be a nice car for me!
19.gif

Agreed

I'm an accountant in his 30's who'd also appreciate one over the Focus.

Then again, I'm terribly thrifty. So unless I was gifted something like this, I'd probably never own something like that.
coffee2.gif

Just looking at consumer reports and they put the Buick Regal top of the luxury compact segment, above the Audi A4 and BMW 3 series.

And the price difference is huge - $35k for the Buick, around $50k for the Audi and BMW.

Just watch out for the wheel bearings on that Regal. My friend has a 2012 Regal GS and both of his rear bearings went at 31K miles and were replaced under warranty. 1.5 years later, now one of his front bearings and both replacement rear bearings are shot 46K miles and he is on the hook for them. Looks like both the 2012 and the 2014 Regal use the same bearings so just be cognizant of the fact that the new car might eat bearings like candy.

The Opel-I mean, Buick- Regal is a very nice car. If the AWD GS had come with about 100 more bhp I would have considered one.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
The Opel-I mean, Buick- Regal is a very nice car. If the AWD GS had come with about 100 more bhp I would have considered one.

If the AWD came with a manual, I would have had one.

I almost went with a WRX over the Genesis but the lack of ride-quality and the appearance that I would use the term "bro" to address a judge during a court date nixed it.

A manual AWD "Buick" (or a Legacy GT) would have been perfect... or if the M235i/M240i would have been about $15K cheaper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back