Budweiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bud is probably the most sold beer at the liquor store i work at part time. the 30 packs are the biggest seller

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Bought a 6-pack of Bud at my corner shop (on sale). 4.9% ABV. A very pale beer but not bad on a warm day like today. I could get used to it.

Dang rite!

The interesting thing about bud, for such a "commodity" beer - there is quite the taste variance depending on brewery location. I suspect Aus, or at least Sprintman, has a good brewery. (Is there a bud brewery in Aus?).

I actually could handle bud from St. Louis. The stuff from L.A. is urine.

Not sure if anyone has tried it yet but Bud's new American Amber Ale is pretty decent for something that isn't yellow and fizzy and Anheiser Busch. Come to think of it, some of the Michelob flavors are pretty decent.

Originally Posted By: Wasatch
At least drink some Sam Adams instead.

Old Milwaukee actually scored higher than Bud, Bud lite, Miller, etc., on beer rating web sites. Don't knock it dude.
grin2.gif

I don't understand why rice is in the recipe (except it's probably cheap). I can taste it. Blech!

I agree with Pablo that certain Bud breweries are just awful. Same goes for Miller, specifically Miller Lite.

Bud in a 'bud-ball' or on tap tastes decent. In a bottle or can is more challenging to consume.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
I wish we had Bud with 4.9% ABV.

Bud is okay. It's not the greatest beer, but it does the trick when it's on sale.

I wish we could get it with 10% ABV!

Regular Bud in the US is 5%, as is most lawn mower beers. Lite beers are usually 4.2%.

WEAK!
grin2.gif

Sam Adams has a Triple Bock - 17% ABV. Must be like 20w-60 with a quart of motor honey and another quart of Lucas Oil stabilizer added. WOW.

Last edited:
I didn't know it was 5% ABV, I thought it was less. 10% ABV would be nice.

I'll have to try the Sam Adams Triple Bock the next time I feel like spending more than $1 per 12 oz.

Edit...make that the next time I feel like spending way more than $1 per 12 oz...the Triple Bock has quite a price tag on it.
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
Bud is probably the most sold beer at the liquor store i work at part time. the 30 packs are the biggest seller

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

--H.L. Mencken

Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan

Old Milwaukee actually scored higher than Bud, Bud lite, Miller, etc., on beer rating web sites. Don't knock it dude.
grin2.gif

You should send that to Wictionary as an example of "[censored] by faint praise"

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan

grin2.gif

You should send that to Wictionary as an example of "[censored] by faint praise"

LOL.gif
I'll do that! It really tastes good. My favorite is Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat, but that stuff it too rich for my blood (6.99 for a six pack of bottles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back