Got to use woolwax - first impressions......

I've been using Surface Shield which is a similar product, and to me it smells exactly like moist topsoil. If you've ever been to a construction site in it's early phases when they're still stripping away the topsoil and putting it in a stockpile... That's the smell.

I applied it a couple weeks ago on a Sunday, and on Monday I took a shower and put on clean clothes and went to work, but I could still smell it. I think it had soaked into my sk
cans or gallon? i hear the cans are useless due to defective nozzles?

Well played.
Ever been to a petting zoo? Smells like sheep that needs a bath. I had a laugh at your comment. ;)

I use FF on my hedge trimmers. Even with the blade cover most of the smell goes away pretty fast.

To my understanding: Woolwax is for high wash and normal spraygun areas and supplement with FF for cavities when using wands.

They are basically the same product so there is no bad interactions.

NH Coatings. They have a additive you can add that is a mouse repellent.

They also have a version that you can paint on with a paint brush in areas where normal spray on rust treatment might get washed off.

Does anyone know what the best way is to get Woolwax out of clothing? I got a bunch on my jacket while giving the Jeep an oil change. Thanks

It will dissipate after a few days and you will not be disappointed with it. I used it on my truck and 2 SUVs in 2021 and it is still holding up with little washing in the high water flow areas. A simple touch up is the only thing needed on one vehicle after 3 yrs is fantastic. I have a 2.5g jug waiting on my kid to help me respray the vehicles this coming summer. Their Kellsport gun is what I used and the 360° tip sprayed well for me. I did heat it up some prior to use but each tip sprayed fine for me.

Reactions: JTK
Does anyone know what the best way is to get Woolwax out of clothing? I got a bunch on my jacket while giving the Jeep an oil change. Thanks
I put Dawn directly on the soaked areas and washed in Persil afterwards. The Dawn presoak is definitely the key to better removal as I have forgotten a few times and had to rewash.

IMO, it's like any other oil type stain on 100% cotton. I've never been able to get it completely out. I wear my working on cars clothes when applying WW or FF.

Woolwax used to have a pleasant scent to it. Kind of like a hand lotion. Each batch you buy is a bit different though. Either way, they seem to have done away with the nice smell. The current 5gal pail I have of WW isn't the nice hand lotion smell. You can add peppermint oil to it or the likes. Probably good for deterring rodents if nothing else.
That’s kind of an interesting angle. Maybe disperse cayenne pepper into it!!

That’s kind of an interesting angle. Maybe disperse cayenne pepper into it!!
It might work. Many years ago I had a very wealthy customer whose wife took in rescue dogs. She had a black Lab that would chew through the sheetrock below the chair rail in her kitchen. She called us in to repair the damage and repaint below the chair rail around the kitchen. A few months later the dog chewed through the wall in another spot in the kitchen. We went back to do that work along with other work, and my brother asked her if she'd mind if he tried an experiment, adding cayenne pepper to the paint. She agreed to it, and we came with Cayenne pepper the following day. Over the years we were back in that house quite a few times, the dog never chewed through the sheetrock again.

It might work. Many years ago I had a very wealthy customer whose wife took in rescue dogs. She had a black Lab that would chew through the sheetrock below the chair rail in her kitchen. She called us in to repair the damage and repaint below the chair rail around the kitchen. A few months later the dog chewed through the wall in another spot in the kitchen. We went back to do that work along with other work, and my brother asked her if she'd mind if he tried an experiment, adding cayenne pepper to the paint. She agreed to it, and we came with Cayenne pepper the following day. Over the years we were back in that house quite a few times, the dog never chewed through the sheetrock again.
I like it!

Actually white paint with a faint cayenne pepper red color speckling might be an attractive color!

I like it!

Actually white paint with a faint cayenne pepper red color speckling might be an attractive color!
LOL this poor woman was willing to try anything. She was very happy with the outcome, and the fact that the dog wasn't eating through her kitchen walls anymore.

Back