Budweiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Camu Six-Pack" hasn't had a beer in over two weeks! What the heck is going on! I haven't even tried the Budweiser Ale! I bought a six-pack and then gave it to wifey's grandpappy and then there were no more at the store when I went back. I was looking forward to trying the ale. I know! Excuses, excuses! I just haven't had time!

I have a case of Anchor Steam waiting for me down at the liquor store that I ordered. I just don't know when I will have time to get down there and get it let alone drink the beer. What I mean is I have time to drink the beer, but not time to enjoy it.

Anybody else have this problem?

i like old mil myself.it is what i call yardwork beer.it is crisp,not a lot of flavor .but what flavor is there is pretty good.no appreciable bitter aftertaste.just a decent american style lager.i catch flack about it from my friends .however when i point out they ARE drinking it for free they tend to shut up.i have cheap friends.
i save my abita turbo dog and my few yuenglings for my own imbibing.
i have never been a fan of budweiser,that said michelob is not bad. just overpriced.busch is another yard work beer.the signature stuff--i've tried the american ale ,it was okay.the dunkel,well it is odd.(clove and banana flavor?).they are better than A-B's last attempt at craft brewing.( i think they were elk mountain(elk whizz?) and red wolf)

Just wanted to resurrect this old beast to talk about a drink a lot of people hate. There is another, more recent, "Let's Talk Beer" thread. But I'm not talking about beer. I'm talking about Bud Light & Clamato. Now, it should be noted that there are two variations of this drink: the BudWEISER one and the Bud LIGHT one. The former is nasty, the latter, great. I find this strange, because if I'm drinking one of the two beers, I usually drink the Weiser. However, something about mixing it with tomatoes and clams, salt and lime juice makes the Light version stand out here. It has a certain je ne sais quoi that lends itself to the application.

The problem, I think, with people who hate this drink (and many do) is that they expect beer. It's not beer. It's carbonated and it's tasty in it's own right but it's a cocktail. Beer is only a component. If you were to judge a bloody mary by the standards of beer, you'd say it was the worst beer ever. I submit that this beverage is no different. So, if you want to try something new and different, go to the local 7/11 and pick up a frosty cold Bud LIGHT & Clamato. All it takes is about $1.25/pint and an open mind.

Oh, and it's 4.2% abv if anybody's counting

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: labman
I haven't had a Bud since the IRL/CART split.

Penske has been back for several years, but still haven't see Budweiser as a team sponser.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Just wanted to resurrect this old beast to talk about a drink a lot of people hate. There is another, more recent, "Let's Talk Beer" thread. But I'm not talking about beer. I'm talking about Bud Light & Clamato. Now, it should be noted that there are two variations of this drink: the BudWEISER one and the Bud LIGHT one. The former is nasty, the latter, great. I find this strange, because if I'm drinking one of the two beers, I usually drink the Weiser. However, something about mixing it with tomatoes and clams, salt and lime juice makes the Light version stand out here. It has a certain je ne sais quoi that lends itself to the application.

The problem, I think, with people who hate this drink (and many do) is that they expect beer. It's not beer. It's carbonated and it's tasty in it's own right but it's a cocktail. Beer is only a component. If you were to judge a bloody mary by the standards of beer, you'd say it was the worst beer ever. I submit that this beverage is no different. So, if you want to try something new and different, go to the local 7/11 and pick up a frosty cold Bud LIGHT & Clamato. All it takes is about $1.25/pint and an open mind.

Oh, and it's 4.2% abv if anybody's counting

I got one on the way home from the bar once. It was the Bud variant, and I didn't know what it was. If I had seen the shellfish warning I would not have picked it up. I was able to finish most of it (24 oz.), but I kind of wanted to throw up. Didn't even taste that much shellfish, just a ton of tomato juice.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
but I kind of wanted to throw up.

Just reading greenaccord02's description of it made me want to throw up a little. :)

I've heard that Schlitz has come back to life and is offering their 60's formula, which was very popular back in the day. I've never had one but would love to try one if they ever sell it down here in AL. Anybody tried it? How does it compare to Bud? I love Bud, I guess because I drank so much of it in HS and college...

Originally Posted By: glxpassat
I've heard that Schlitz has come back to life and is offering their 60's formula, which was very popular back in the day. I've never had one but would love to try one if they ever sell it down here in AL. Anybody tried it? How does it compare to Bud? I love Bud, I guess because I drank so much of it in HS and college...

Food Lion/Bloom grocery stores sell it here. It's okay. Not as good as Bud IMO, but it's dirt cheap at around $6 for a 12 pack.

Had it on tap this summer at a tavern in Sturgeon Bay, Wi! I felt privileged. Then some retards from Chicago strolled in with sweaters around their necks looking for Blatz on tap. The locals all looked at each other and started cracking up.
crackmeup2.gif

We were joking that drinking too much Schlitz will give you the Blatz.

Last edited:

It's in NH and good stuff. IIRC they lost the recipe in a merger so they asked former tasting staff for their recollections.

Totally different from Bud, you can taste the rice in Bud. I'm not a beer snob but the new cans of Schlitz say "just a kiss of the hops"... which is kinda cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back