Briggs & Stratton and Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave123
Boy they hit the big time now. Mobil 1 must be to busy with it's 40+ factory fills in some of the worlds best car manufactures.

So glad I'm not a sponsor anymore. People like this is what had ruined it for me. You can get some good news and go with it, but stick ice picks in people. jeez.

Originally Posted By: msparks

So glad I'm not a sponsor anymore. People like this is what had ruined it for me. You can get some good news and go with it, but stick ice picks in people. jeez.

I'm with you on this one msparks. Fact is, too many immature, if not arrogance on most of the BITOG boards these days, and as the good, knowledgeable guys left, the voids are now filled with posters with questionable motives and intent....some just sheer arrogance/ignorance while others came with specific agenda in mind...resort to personal attacks on some of the forums on BITOG boards.

sometimes, I feel like I'm getting old and tired even on BITOG ....

Q.

Nice oil!

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/G3114.pdf

Quote:
Dear AMSOIL Dealer,

Early last year, Briggs & Stratton chose AMSOIL to develop a synthetic motor oil formulated especially for stock and modified small-displacement air-cooled racing engines used in kart, junior drag, quarter midget and other racing applications. Briggs & Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil bears the AMSOIL logo on the label and was distributed exclusively by Briggs & Stratton. The product was available to AMSOIL Dealers only for personal consumption or as a promotional tool.

In an effort to increase sales of this product, AMSOIL negotiated with Briggs & Stratton for the opportunity to have AMSOIL Dealers take over the exclusive distribution of Briggs & Stratton 4T Racing Oil. Briggs & Stratton agreed that transitioning distribution to AMSOIL Dealers will result in increased overall marketing and sales of 4T Synthetic Racing Oil.

This partnership began when Briggs & Stratton, the world’s largest small-engine manufacturer, identified AMSOIL as the best-in-class synthetic lubricant manufacturer, and AMSOIL delivered. Briggs & Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is specifically engineered for increased performance in Briggs & Stratton racing engines. You now have the opportunity to sell this oil to racers and small-engine race shops. Even more importantly, you now have the recognition of a major OEM upon which you can build more credibility with other small-engine shops, which is a much larger market. Look for small-engine repair centers in your area that sell and service equipment from Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, Husqvarna and other popular small-engine manufacturers. Introduce yourself, explain how Briggs & Stratton chose AMSOIL to engineer an oil for the company’s most demanding engines, and make yourself available should an opportunity arise.
AMSOIL is excited to have been chosen by Briggs & Stratton to develop this product, and even more excited for the opportunities this partnership could create for AMSOIL Dealers.

We wish you great success.

Contact me if interested!

I know this is drifting off topic somewhat, but what is the difference between the Amsoil Formula 4-stroke and, say Amsoil OE or XL auto oils? In other words, what ingredients does Formula have that the lower line auto oils don't? The OE is quite a bit cheaper than Formula, and XL a little bit cheaper, so why not use one of them for OPE? Just looking for ways to save money and still get the outstanding performance Amsoil products offer.

Right now I'm using Amsoil 5W-30 SS in my OPE because that is what I have available and use in my Saturn car. But I'm starting to feel the financial pinch a bit and so might consider using XL or OE in my OPE.

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
Wow really B&S isn't even really that big in cart racing anymore. Alot of the smaller tracks and kids carts are running them out here but thats about it in my neck of the woods. Yamaha and rotax are the kings

Really? Been to many WKA or IKF races lately? Who do you think makes the OHV Animal motors? B&S!! Yes the flathead has dropped off in karting but the animal motor is the new king. Yamaha and rotax don't even hold a candle to what B&S is doing in the karting world!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Nice oil!

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/G3114.pdf

Quote:
Dear AMSOIL Dealer,

Early last year, Briggs & Stratton chose AMSOIL to develop a synthetic motor oil formulated especially for stock and modified small-displacement air-cooled racing engines used in kart, junior drag, quarter midget and other racing applications. Briggs & Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil bears the AMSOIL logo on the label and was distributed exclusively by Briggs & Stratton. The product was available to AMSOIL Dealers only for personal consumption or as a promotional tool.

In an effort to increase sales of this product, AMSOIL negotiated with Briggs & Stratton for the opportunity to have AMSOIL Dealers take over the exclusive distribution of Briggs & Stratton 4T Racing Oil. Briggs & Stratton agreed that transitioning distribution to AMSOIL Dealers will result in increased overall marketing and sales of 4T Synthetic Racing Oil.

This partnership began when Briggs & Stratton, the world’s largest small-engine manufacturer, identified AMSOIL as the best-in-class synthetic lubricant manufacturer, and AMSOIL delivered. Briggs & Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is specifically engineered for increased performance in Briggs & Stratton racing engines. You now have the opportunity to sell this oil to racers and small-engine race shops. Even more importantly, you now have the recognition of a major OEM upon which you can build more credibility with other small-engine shops, which is a much larger market. Look for small-engine repair centers in your area that sell and service equipment from Briggs & Stratton, Kohler, Husqvarna and other popular small-engine manufacturers. Introduce yourself, explain how Briggs & Stratton chose AMSOIL to engineer an oil for the company’s most demanding engines, and make yourself available should an opportunity arise.
AMSOIL is excited to have been chosen by Briggs & Stratton to develop this product, and even more excited for the opportunities this partnership could create for AMSOIL Dealers.

We wish you great success.

Contact me if interested!

Is this a 5w-30 oil? I'm just guessing from the specs.

Cool. I've been looking for something for my gas powered generators that I can basically change the oil in it and forget about it (although I will still check and top it off). The generator rarely gets used.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Cool. I've been looking for something for my gas powered generators that I can basically change the oil in it and forget about it (although I will still check and top it off). The generator rarely gets used.

Check with "CLEVY" as he uses Amsoil in all his gas powered air compressors with great success. He runs a construction business and has several ACs that he maintains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back