Breakfast gramps style

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gramps woke me up at 5:00 am this morning. He wanted to hike up one of our local mountains and be aup there at sunruse. He had a light breakfast:

Two burgers, fries with cheese sauce, homonion rings, potato chips, all homemade.

On the way up to the summit he told me "Last one to reach the summit is a Mary." All the way down and back to the car he called me Mary. Paw Paw is now taking a nap.
grin2.gif

2uynf37.jpg

er9wy9.jpg

2afmwie.jpg

2u5ar0y.jpg

For the record, I had three scramled eggs, two slices of toast with butter and jam, and an apple for breakfast.

You are not the first to voice that concern. Gramps gets thoroughly examined twice a year and passes with flying colors.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
My gramps has a very large breakfast every day. My grandmother told him for 50 years, until she died, it would kill him. Now his girfriend tells him the same. They came to visit me and this is what he had this morning: The Heart Stopper: Half a pound of smoked bacon, four large sausage inks, two fist-size potatoes, sliced and fried, four scrambled eggs with a handful of shredded cheese, four slices of toast with butter, a large glass of milk, a slice of cake and a couple cups of coffee. He ate an apple for lunch and dinner is liquid. He will be 89 this month. He just went to bed. I suppose he's digesting his breakfast that he had at 6:00 am this morning.
grin2.gif

God Bless your Gramps!
Looks to me like he eats big early and very little later in the day so he burns off his breakfast and goes to bed on a fairly empty stomach. I'm guessing he's not overweight. Good for him. At his age, he has earned the right to eat what he likes.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back