Brand bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the regulating on the site. One can bash the domestic auto makers, Fram, K&n and others. But if someone mentions a certain import auto maker recall the thread is locked or deleted. Is that subject offensive to someone? I have ben very offended by some of the anti union and GM bashing that happens on here but I never make a stink of it. So why cant I pick on a import auto maker for awhile.

Bashing brands is just a waste of time; It serves no purpose, and is counter-productive. I gave that up 25 years ago.

The anti-union views seem pretty common and surprise me. Unions have not had much power since the 80's. I have never belonged to one or ever had any sympathy for them, but their just guys trying to feed their families like the rest of us...

Last edited:
If you don't like the rules leave it's not that hard to figure out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2003f7
I don't understand the regulating on the site. One can bash the domestic auto makers, Fram, K&n and others.

No, one can't. ALL product bashing is against the rules (I'm assuming you don't think an unfavorable review constitutes product bashing).

If you see a post that is against the rules, use the "Notify" button in the bottom right of the post to tell a moderator.

27.gif

I really do not like the foreign/domestic/brand bashers. It really can take the most informative and interesting post and turn it into a complete waste of time to read or reply to. A lot of posts will get into it 2-3 posts into it, and I just hit the back button even though the thread interests me.

All brands have had their poor designs, but pretty much everything out there now is quality and competitive.

Originally Posted By: 2003f7
I don't understand the regulating on the site. One can bash the domestic auto makers, Fram, K&n and others. But if someone mentions a certain import auto maker recall the thread is locked or deleted. Is that subject offensive to someone? I have ben very offended by some of the anti union and GM bashing that happens on here but I never make a stink of it. So why cant I pick on a import auto maker for awhile.
This is just ridiculous. People come here and dump on Toyota all day and still have the nerve to complain that their preferred brand is being castigated, which I incidentally see VERY little of. GROW UP

The political element is taboo here, so much for opinions. One side fits all. It's very frustrating when its the other side. I can understand controlling the vulgarities, xxxxxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxx xxxxx xxxx'x xxxx xxxxxxx xx xxx xxxxx x xxxxx x xxx xxxxxx x xxxxx x x xxxxx x xxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxx xx xxxxx xsxxx x xxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx x xxxxxx xx xzxxx xx xx xxxx xx x xxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx x xxx x xxxxxxxxcowemission that need a o f one veiw and not the issues is not allowed.

Originally Posted By: willix
The political element is taboo here, so much for opinions. One side fits all. It's very frustrating when its the other side. I can understand controlling the vulgarities, xxxxxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx x xxxx xxxxx xxxx'x xxxx xxxxxxx xx xxx xxxxx x xxxxx x xxx xxxxxx x xxxxx x x xxxxx x xxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxxx x x xxxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxx xx xxxxx xsxxx x xxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxxxxx x xxxxxx xx xzxxx xx xx xxxx xx x xxxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx x xxx x xxxxxxxxcowemission that need a o f one veiw and not the issues is not allowed.

54.gif

I really didn't think there was as much protectionism here for the imports as the domestics, but that's just me. It's bitog - every brand takes a beating sometimes. I don't care if it's Honda, GM, Pennzoil, XOM everybody gets knocked around a little. If you get out of your element you can either leave the conversation or hit the snitch notify button.

Although the partisans are quite upset, the mods continue to allow me to bash Purolator. Perhaps sticking to the facts makes the difference.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I really didn't think there was as much protectionism here for the imports as the domestics, but that's just me. It's bitog - every brand takes a beating sometimes. I don't care if it's Honda, GM, Pennzoil, XOM everybody gets knocked around a little. If you get out of your element you can either leave the conversation or hit the snitch notify button.

Exactly, for a forum with over 30,000 members there has to be rules, and not all of us are going to like them. Either we play by those rules, leave the board, or get launched from the board. Pretty simple actually. Helen's house, Helen's rules. JMO

Originally Posted By: labman
Perhaps sticking to the facts makes the difference.

It makes all the difference in the world. An unfavorable review is not the same thing as bashing.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: labman
Although the partisans are quite upset, the mods continue to allow me to bash Purolator. Perhaps sticking to the facts makes the difference.

Bingo. And if you just stick to the facts, it's not "bashing" in my opinion. Bashing is simple trash talking, name calling and trolling. If the OP is upset that this isn't allowed, I think he's on the wrong site. There's plenty of places on the internet where that crud is allowed.

I'm not brand loyal either, I'm loyal to my wallet first, so the bashing doesn't sway me at all. I do have a GM card that offers me 5% on purchases. So I'll buy GM vehicles with my GM card earnings every 7 years until they close the GM card earnings program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back