Bourbon????

I know that some of you can't indulge any more, but I'm looking for everyone's favorite bourbon to sip on. I'm currently a fan of the 100 proof Old Forrester, Wild Turkey Rye and Knob Creek. What do you Kentucky bourbon boys see as a best buy??

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Pappy Van Winkle.
+1 \:\! Not from Kentucky, but my best friend from High School is married to a gal from there and her parents make the stuff and I have tried many kinds and this is the one I would go with. Can't drink anymore due to health reasons, but if I could I would definitely be sippin' on this. ;\)

Kitchen still - the bourbon factor comes from a small bottle of Jim Beam flavouring.I'm such a connoisseur that it tastes pretty good to me....

I never got used to bourbon. I still prefer scotch when it comes to whisky/whiskey.

Originally Posted By: Silk
Kitchen still - the bourbon factor comes from a small bottle of Jim Beam flavouring.I'm such a connoisseur that it tastes pretty good to me....
Jim Beam tastes too "wood" like to me. I just can't like it, unless I have had some other alcohol first which makes me more sociable with it.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark are all excellent. I know there are other good ones, but those are the only ones I've tried. In the end, I prefer Scotch or Irish to Bourbon. After recently enjoying a bottle of The Balvenie Doublewood Single Malt, it was hard to go back to anything else.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
as in Jim Beam black or the std stuff?
Black is better, but the standard stuff is worse.

van winkle is great, as is elmer t lee, craig and stagg. My go to bar bourbon is wild turkey 101, you can order it anyplace.