Bought the wife a Mini Van

Nice deal Cline. For the dome light issues, check the door strikers to see if they are loose. I had that issue back in my 94 Accord. The door was misalinged a little bit and that caused the dome light to stay on.

We had an 01, which would be second gen. I was following my wife and our 4 kids as they were T-boned hard by a Durango running their red at 40 mph, no brakes. Impact was 60% sliding door, 40% drivers door. We’d been married a week. I watched her, and all of our kids, one by one, get out of that van on their own power. On the right side, of course. The whole drivers side was caved in, and the floor and roof were rippled.

my insurance did not communicate clearly. So I sewed the drivers seatbelt to fit my frame and drove to work daily it a week. I put a banner on the caved in side saying “don’t run red lights.”

you could let go of the steering wheel and it drove straight as an arrow. Sucker was solid as an ox.

you did great!

m

Incredible that a Corolla would fetch more money as that odyssey. Absolutely crazy.

I like the color!

Are you sure the dome light thing is actually an issue? My kids leave the lights on and they’ll stay on if the switch is in the “door” setting vs the “off” setting…. Or do you mean the only way to turn them off is to move the main switch to off?

It’s great to have a vehicle that you know the history of and can keep running… but oh the humanity of having a timing belt!!

good luck with it!

He could have gotten much more if he listed it for sale, I just simply made a counter offer on what the Ford dealer offered on trade in. Still can't believe what the Corolla brought as it sure didn't owe me anything!

The left front map light only works manually, The right rear dome lamp will stay on when the van is running (all doors closed) & stays on about 30 seconds longer than the other dome lamps after hitting the lock button on the Fob. Yes....I checked that it wasn't switched on manually.

I'll have to pry her out of it to fully diagnose the issue.....She has the "new car syndrome" right now....Looking for excuses to drive it & all.

Wow that van is clean. Can you ask the former owner how they cared for the paint? Did they wax it regularly? It sure looks like they did. Maybe it was garaged all it's life. Inquiring minds want to know.

Waxed & garaged, He's a little OCD about his vehicles. It's actually dirty in those pics & he wanted to wash it before dropping it off at my shop but I talked him out of it. But he did top it off with fuel.....I was like, Dude.....That was not necessary.

Waxed & garaged, He's a little OCD about his vehicles. It's actually dirty in those pics & he wanted to wash it before dropping it off at my shop but I talked him out of it. But he did top it off with fuel.....I was like, Dude.....That was not necessary.
It is unusual for an OCD person to have mis-matched tires. :D

It is unusual for an OCD person to have mis-matched tires. :D

That was my idea as he was talking about trading it in & nobody had Premiers in stock locally. I will say & know that these things burn through tires rather quickly. We can say their heavy & all....But my Duramax will get 70-90,000 miles out of a set of LTX Michelins.

Nice van and a great deal.

You getting $6K out of your 96 Chevy truck has me wondering what my 98 ext-cab Z71 that I bought new and in very good shape is worth. 142,000 original miles.

Noticed some brake pulsation (felt in the steering wheel at high speeds) last week when taking the family out to dinner, I could of swore I did all new front OE Rotors & Pads on this van not long before I bought it, Going back over my invoices only shows resurfacing the rotors & hanging OE pads on the Rear.

The front rotors were very near discard thickness, And the pads which were Honda were a little above 1/2 worn.

I buy a lot of parts from Summit Racing for my shop & have a little over $1000 in "Speed Points", So I bought a PowerStop front brake kit, KYB Struts & Shocks, And 2 Michelin CrossClimate2 tires to match the rear.....Walked out paying $5.60 :)

I've had pretty good luck with PowerStop, But feel a little retarded putting Drilled & Slotted Rotors on a minivan. Can't really argue will almost free though.

A Ice/Snow storm rolled through last night & I got caught up with customer vehicles yesterday. These once a year storms allow me to work on my own vehicles in absolute peace! Got up @ 4am this mourning to crank the heat up in the shop, Started around 8am & the shop was a comfortable 70°F with a outside temp hovering around 23°F. Might as well be -23°F to a Texan;)

I pulled the van on the lift before the storm hit so I didn't have to deal with the melt-off fouling up my shop.....Don't know how Rustbelt Mechanics deal with that on a daily bases for months at a time!

NGQb7iU.jpg

2K0EvwV.jpg

EJ8F5VT.jpg

vnofF3U.jpg

Back