Bosch HEPA - 1 year - 12,000 miles

From my 2015 Toyota Corolla. I don't know the exact mileage, but it's at least 12,000.

Old on the left. New on the right.

[Linked Image]

Did you find that it reduced the airflow? I can say it did in my 07 Corolla significantly but it doesnt have A/C. I have not had it in use in winter with defrost yet to see if it has an impact in time needed to defrost the windows. I do like the fact of the better filtration/air quality inside the vehicle.

I exclusively use the auto A/C function so it's hard to gauge if it has reduced airflow. I get plenty of cold air in the summer and warm air in the winter.

How has this filter been working for you? I have been interested in trying one, but I have had good luck with the Denso OE replacements in both Camrys.

I just ordered one of these for my '19 Impreza. It is out of stock at the moment but I placed my order anyway. I don't need it until around July so it gives me plenty of time to get it in. if it works ok, maybe I'll order for my '18 Legacy. I have one more cabin air filter per car left so I will want to use those too but if it works, I'll get a Bosch. I have 2 Amazon basics for my wife's CR-V but once those are up I could get one of these for it also. Just want to use my remaining stock of stuff and not waste the money.

I just got mine in but haven't installed it yet. Won't until probably July but what I can say is that the pleats are much thinner than the TYC I have been using. They remind me of the STP I used once in my wife's CR-V. Whether it matters or not due to it being a HEPA filter remains to be seen.

I installed one of these in my Accord a few months ago. The sizing was a bit off, it didn't fit super well into the housing/tray, but I did not notice any restriction. In fact, I experienced the opposite because I had gone I think about 30,000 miles on my previous CAF and it was totally filthy and packed with leaves and whatnot. The new Bosch HEPA was like getting a whole extra fan speed setting.

started using these in both my '13 C-max, and Dad's '15 Escape (take the same filter) back during the height of the Pandemic... notice less dust in the cabin than with the previous filters used (Amazon Basics and Wix)
late last summer my brother traded his Volt for a 17 Escape, and I ordered one of these for it.

we have enough respiratory issues and allergies in general, more better filtration is a plus for me and mine.
I probably change them more often than I need to.... once a year, early april.

general family policy for me. one of mine buys a car, I change their Cabin Filter ASAP.
the first one is on me. after that, it's up to them.

I installed one of these in my Accord a few months ago. The sizing was a bit off, it didn't fit super well into the housing/tray, but I did not notice any restriction. In fact, I experienced the opposite because I had gone I think about 30,000 miles on my previous CAF and it was totally filthy and packed with leaves and whatnot. The new Bosch HEPA was like getting a whole extra fan speed setting.
looking up filters a year or so ago, I discovered the Y2k Hyundai I had from mid '01- Early '10 actually had a CAF...
I never new... never changed it... it would explain some "leaf grinding" type noises i would occasionally hear...
I thought the C-max was my first car with a cabin filter....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have had a Bosch cabin air filter in my 2019 Tacoma the last month due to WIX being out of stock when I placed a filter order for our 4 vehicles.
On any fan setting other than low I get a buzzing/vibrating sound which I'm guessing is due to reduced air flow through the filter.
Will be replacing the Bosch with a OEM or WIX soon.

I exclusively use the auto A/C function so it's hard to gauge if it has reduced airflow. I get plenty of cold air in the summer and warm air in the winter.
I used one in our Subaru a few years ago and took it out after one 3 hour road trip. Maybe it was my imagination, but I had the AC on high and I was still warm. The airflow seemed less to me.

Running a Bosch HEPA filter in my Impala and wife's RAV4. I installed them after we started getting hit with wildfire smoke. I haven't noticed a major airflow reduction. I have a portable air quality tester and saw about a 90% reduction in fine particles (PM2.5). The old filter was about a 30% reduction over outside air. I'm curious as to how fast it will load up, as we normally have clean air most of the year here in the northeast.

Running a Bosch HEPA filter in my Impala and wife's RAV4. I installed them after we started getting hit with wildfire smoke. I haven't noticed a major airflow reduction. I have a portable air quality tester and saw about a 90% reduction in fine particles (PM2.5). The old filter was about a 30% reduction over outside air. I'm curious as to how fast it will load up, as we normally have clean air most of the year here in the northeast.
Those are impossible to find in Canada :( Best filter I have found is the Fram Fresh breeze. Definitely not HEPA quality, but is significantly better than OEM, and when on recirculate, it can purify significant levels of wildfire smoke and pollution.

Back