BMW B48 suggestions

If I get the requirement of OP right, Motul 300V would fit.
Yacco Galaxie RS 0W40 also comes in a fancy red jug, but I'm not sure about the ester part.

Are these the right oil for the application? That is another question.

Thanks for replying, but I forget to mention that I need only full saps oil, I had a experience on a low saps with a vag tsi engines and by 80-90k km rings died and I had amazing oil consumption.
I believe that was a well known design issue which was unrelated to choice of oil.

Thanks for replying, but I forget to mention that I need only full saps oil, I had a experience on a low saps with a vag tsi engines and by 80-90k km rings died and I had amazing oil consumption.
So I’m not looking for LL-04 and not really paying attention to bmw approvals if I see mb 229.5 or vw 502/505 I think this is same for euro engines.
So is Mobil1 FS 0W40 bad idea? It had LL-01 before bmw signed a contract with Shell.
You really don’t understand what is SAPS.
Stick to LL04 if you have GPF. If not, stick to LL01. LL specifications have now specific timing chain test, and timing chain being in the back of your engine, you don’t want to chance that.
Also, approvals don’t work the way you think! BMW contracting with Shell doesn’t have anything with the fact which blender gets approval. M1 doesn’t have bcs. oxidation is higher in their oils.

I had two EA888 gen3. Golf gti mk7 (2014 prod) and then Audi A5 second generation (2017 prod). In both I changed PCV (BL code an the end) to the latest revision and it absolutely didn’t help. Golf was tuned, Audi not and both engines died like clockwork through oil consumption. In golf I used motul specific 5W30 504/507, in Audi - Castrol edge 5W30 So I don’t really trust this kinda ecological low saps oils.
After signing contract with shell, bmw no longer provides approvals to other oils, so I think it’s just money and marketing.
And if you know is there any changes in Mobil1 new life 0w40 and current Mobil 1 FS 0w40?
I don’t believe you. Neither of those engines suffer oil consumption issues so for you to have two that had a undiagnosed/ repaired issue that caused the engines to “die” is statistically impossible. Also, the PCV on that generation doesn’t fail anywhere near as often so I can guarantee you spent money replacing perfectly good parts. Back on topic 930 is the best person to listen to as they are closest to your location.

Just my opinion!

I had two EA888 gen3. Golf gti mk7 (2014 prod) and then Audi A5 second generation (2017 prod). In both I changed PCV (BL code an the end) to the latest revision and it absolutely didn’t help. Golf was tuned, Audi not and both engines died like clockwork through oil consumption.

Never heard of excessive oil consumption on EA888 third gen engines but
of course I don't question your personal experiences.
However the point is, what has it got to do with SAPS levels? Forum talk?
Hearsay?

In golf I used motul specific 5W30 504/507, in Audi - Castrol edge 5W30 So I don’t really trust this kinda ecological low saps oils.

I doubt that these oils, if VW 504 00 approved (507 00 only matters for Diesel
engines), were to blame for consumption issues. VW 504 00 isn't even low SAPS,
it's more of a mid SAPS actually. That said, there are indeed better VW 504 00
oils available, specifically M1 ESP 5W-30 and Ravenol VMP 5W-30 to name two
of them. Higher flashpoints, lower Noack losses which should to some extent
result in lower oil consumption IF there's nothing wrong with piston rings or
PCV. Raised SAPS levels won't help with engine issues on such cars anyway.
Higher flashpoints and lower Noack losses at least potentially would.

After signing contract with shell, bmw no longer provides approvals to other oils, so I think it’s just money and marketing.
And if you know is there any changes in Mobil1 new life 0w40 and current Mobil 1 FS 0w40?

Honestly, this is just ridiculous. There is no relation between approvals and
supplier contracts. ANY blender will get the desired BMW approval if they
meet the requirements. There is no 'exclusive' contract existing except Shell
provides some engine oil to BMW. At least some of BMW's transmission oils
are still supplied by BP/Castrol.

Only North America. Shell still supplies rest of the world.
And the announcements we hear about these supplier changes apply only to the service fill product - the BMW-branded oil sold through dealerships etc. Do not assume that the same applies to factory fill. It might, or might not - but it isn't a given.

And the announcements we hear about these supplier changes apply only to the service fill product - the BMW-branded oil sold through dealerships etc. Do not assume that the same applies to factory fill. It might, or might not - but it isn't a given.
Well yeah. Assumption is that factory fill will be supplied by company that supplies market where engine is made.
What is in the engine is another thing.

Thanks to suggestions from members on this board, I use Pennzoil Ultra 0W30 Euro LX in my B48, and while I don't run it on the track, I do run it vigorously once warmed up. On weekends when I can drive enough to really get it up to a nice operating temp, I'll redline it from time to time...love to hear this usually lower-range-rpm engine run in the 4000-6000 rpm band. I'm always amazed when I drain out almost exactly 5.5 quarts like I put in 5000 miles earlier. It barely consumes a measurable amount...maybe 0.1 quarts per OCI. Very pleased. If I ever go on some long trips, I'll keep it in the engine longer...but, I have at least two 7-mile trips every day. Not long enough to get really hot. Probably being a bit too careful on the miles driven per OCI.

Thanks to suggestions from members on this board, I use Pennzoil Ultra 0W30 Euro LX in my B48, and while I don't run it on the track, I do run it vigorously once warmed up. On weekends when I can drive enough to really get it up to a nice operating temp, I'll redline it from time to time...love to hear this usually lower-range-rpm engine run in the 4000-6000 rpm band. I'm always amazed when I drain out almost exactly 5.5 quarts like I put in 5000 miles earlier. It barely consumes a measurable amount...maybe 0.1 quarts per OCI. Very pleased. If I ever go on some long trips, I'll keep it in the engine longer...but, I have at least two 7-mile trips every day. Not long enough to get really hot. Probably being a bit too careful on the miles driven per OCI.
B48 in US uses LL-17FE 0W20 oil. What you using is basically heavier version of LL17FE oil. LX 0W30 is GTL base, and it should have HTHS in 3.6 range which is same HTHS as Mobil1 0W40 FS. HTHS is only thing that matters protection wise, track or not.
So, you are good to go, track or not :)

Back