Bigfoot...what do you think?

I've read some fairly creditable stories. Never heard of one in Iowa. Still funny how nobody has captured a clear pic or found remains.
But I remain open. Had a friend in Washington that says she experienced one camping years ago. Who knows, but she never lied to me.

I WAS in a spot once, that gave me an eerie feeling for some reason. It just felt like evil was present. Kind of like being watched, in a sinister way.
We went to a remote grave yard one night, probably 35 years ago. Known for weird things happening there.. Sat on the tailgate of my pickup
and drank beer.

The wind was blowing. It changed directions every few minutes. Came at us from all 4 sides, which was strange. Got the heck out of there.

Also toured the Villisca Axe House Murder place, about one hour drive from here.

You can even rent it for overnight stays, which I declined. I felt dirty just being in that house.

Anything to add?

I've read some fairly creditable stories. Never heard of one in Iowa. Still funny how nobody has captured a clear pic or found remains.
But I remain open. Had a friend in Washington that says she experienced one camping years ago. Who knows, but she never lied to me.

I WAS in a spot once, that gave me an eerie feeling for some reason. It just felt like evil was present. Kind of like being watched, in a sinister way.
We went to a remote grave yard one night, probably 35 years ago. Known for weird things happening there.. Sat on the tailgate of my pickup
and drank beer.

The wind was blowing. It changed directions every few minutes. Came at us from all 4 sides, which was strange. Got the heck out of there.

Also toured the Villisca Axe House Murder place, about one hour drive from here.

You can even rent it for overnight stays, which I declined. I felt dirty just being in that house.

Anything to add?

Spent the night in that house, or one just like it, while on RAGBRAI when I was a late teen. Never felt anything. The owner at the time sat and told us the story by candlelight. I'm not convinced that supernatural exists. I have only once experienced something that I could not explain after standing up and bravely walking into the situation to explore, and while it still is vivid in my mind, I still doubt it was something supernatural.

I've read some fairly creditable stories. Never heard of one in Iowa.
0ba8743d-d293-40f2-8bef-c31d254878a8_scaled.jpg

Last edited:
My theory is that if bigfoot existed, it was in small numbers and went extinct a while ago.
Maybe it is the beginning of a new species of primates. Like when Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals' coexisted together and apparently interbreed. AZ Jeff is probably right that they just want to be left alone.

I believe that the Patterson-Gimlin film recorded an actual Sasquatch. But it does perplex me as to why no better evidence has come forth after all these years. As zzyzzx has posted....perhaps they are all dead now?

To the 1st two posters: I have relies who just moved to Iowa. I've been needing a reason to visit.
To AZjeff: Who ever said Bigfoot was evil?
To GON: Hmmm...I feel a tattoo coming on. I'd have the only one in the locker room.
To zzyzzx: I so want to be a game guy, but I don't think Vikings, wolves and bear can mix their seeds & eggs.
To Hermann: Left alone, sure, but if a hungry one smells you cooking or your wife's in heat...or spies you working on your car and is just curious?

Like Dracula, I'm into the character of Sasquatch. The more recent "My name is Daryl..." commercial by Progressive is great.
The "Don't mess with Sasquatch" Doritos commercial was a scream.
My lingering fave, however, is the "Sasquatch theory" of where we lose our TV remotes. You see Sasquatch step out from behind curtains and taking the remote....hysterical.

There was a Canadian made bedding commercial with a Sasquatch family. Mrs. Sasquatch was the spokesperson. Original and funny.

Another place to visit is in Malvern, Iowa. About 11 miles from me. Used to work at the John Deere Dealer there, years ago.
Malvern Manor. Drove past it many times, but have not been in the place.

and drank beer.

Anything to add?
In north central Ia in the mid 1970's there was a supposed sighting.

I remember being a child and going to the movies to see the Bigfoot documentary movie. It was a big deal back then but it probably was a hoax all along in my opinion. I've spent time in the deep woods of MD, PA, VA and WVA and never saw a thing but we always kept an eye out and our guns close by.

I think they exist in another dimension and make it to our dimension periodically. I am huge skeptic but believe I saw a bigfoot on a rafting trip a few decades ago. I know what I saw. Others saw it too and there was consensus as there really wasn't a better explanation. Believe me when I say that I continue to try to find alternative explanations. I also adhere to, without proof, to alternative concurrent dimensions for other paranormal experiences.

I don't really believe something can exist on dry land in an area inhabited by people and not eventually be discovered. At least not of that size. Deep ocean creatures? Sure.

I want to believe because the mysteries like Bigfoot and UFOs and others add a little spice to our lives.
Remember how disappointed you were when you learned the truth about Santa?

1. No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.
  2. There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear to) handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census)rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.
  3. Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west(which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding etc.
    This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man- made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.
  4. The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal anoint, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth.
  5. 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake.The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim)would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.
In conclusion -- If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.

Several stories from my area about bigfoot,yucca man and the cement monster from credible people.

Several people claim to have seen a bigfoot around spring valley lake, ca where the mojave river flows year round.

Yucca Valley,Ca has the yucca man and Lucerne valley,Ca with all the cement mines has the cement monster.

This guy does short stories sbout weird things in the desert.

Back