BFG Advantage T/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
People with traction T/A: Wait with your opinion before you put some serious miles on them. Mine were great before 18,000 miles. After that, noise quickly escalated to unbearable range. The tread is almost shot at 40,000 miles and this is great news as I'm looking forward to tires that do not howl for a change.

Traction was and still is awesome.

And BTW, I lost 3-5% on fuel efficiency over the factory LRR tires ($100-200 over the life of the tires, count it a hidden cost).

Now this is for H-rated ones. T-rated could be different.

I have 38,000 on mine now and still have decent tread left, mine are the T rated Tractions

I have used continental conti pro contacts T rated on a Ford Fusion and have had several issues. Low treadlife, a dimple and several flats and these are with 2 yr old tires. 25,000 miles and tires were worn about to 4/32 from 11. The Goodyear assurance comfortreds I had on a minivan also had low treadlife. and cracking on the sidewalls of all of them in only 2-3 yrs and 20-25,000 miles. The ride was soft for the van and pretty quiet. I have had better luck with Michelin Truck tires. Expensive but usually worth the extra. The Michelin primacy mxv4 or Harmony appear to be well rated if available in your size.

My TRZs are SUPER smooth and quiet on the hwy. I however just acquired some Advantage TAs. If you look at the TR reviews, there is narly one single bad review. Many people saying they are the best they've used, and naming their old tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back