"Best Uses" For Amsoil Engine Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buster,

I'm implementing my own policy of "Pre-Emptive" warfare, by answering questions of general interest, before they are asked.
shocked.gif

Let me tell you that the ladys love AMO!! I put a few dabs of that behind each ear before I go to the Bar!!! Women just dig the smell of AMO!!

Amo only workin the country. If you end up in the Hampton or South Beach you need to use a dab of the following dependine on enviroment: Fusch(work well on post modern surealist women), Redline( works to attract rich girls that think they are bad), Pentosin ( will attract exchange students at bars close to Univeristy), Mobil 1 ( attracts women from conserative middle class ubringing looking for a sure thing with a touch of danger), GC ( attracts jail bait due to sweet candy like smell).

P.S. Stay away for QS at all costs it will attract women previously on Jerry Springer!!!

fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Doug Hillary:
Hi,
ToyotaNSaturn & Jason - this thread WAS STARTED by an A....l Dealer. It was NOT STARTED by a person seeking information and advice
If it had been that would have added a different slant indeed

This range of products is well covered here via the "search" function - it did not warrant a Dealer started thread IMHO

I worked at a Ford dealer, if I told you how great Fords were AND there was plenty of evidence that they were great, why should I NOT talk about them? ...even if I were a dealer??

quote:

A lot of people with exceptional expertise contribute to this Board. Some with much more perhaps than the Dealers. Such product "pushing" will cause these people to go elsewhere and their collective expertise will go with them
I don't see Ted pushing anything. He's an oil nut like us. What's wrong with that?? Just because he "sells" the stuff doesnt' matter when the truth is told about the product. This goes along with my Ford comment above...

quote:

I have no doubt that TooSlick ( Ted )has a lot to contribute but I do not believe BOB intended this Board to become a marketing enclave
Don't worry...it hasn't been...

quote:

Check out how the "Who is using Mobil 1 R?" thread to see how it was "hijacked" and completely lost the plot!
Well, that's the way it goes around here!
smile.gif
These are discussions that start as a topic and end up on a different topic many times. Good or bad, we all wind up putting in our $.02 and learning much in the process.

Doug, bottom line is that you're coming across far too strong. Your opinion is appreciated (and yes, we need people looking out to make sure this board doesn't become too commercial).

quote:

It may be marketing, but it's good information unlike corporate AMSOIL BS.
Ben has it! Game. Set. Match!
grin.gif

What's wrong with the women previously from Jerry Springer? I think they're HOT!!
smile.gif

MS, thanks for your reply, any comment on the moly issue?

TS, (or Pablo) any comments? I've seen this engine cook dino oils in the summer, but it doesn't even come off the cold peg during frequent short winter trips. The engine is an engineering marvel (really, IMHO the Subaru engineers outdid themselves on this 6), AND I WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY.

One other point I forgot to mention that may affect your answers, it has a 6qt sump and a factory coolant cooled (or warmed!) oil cooler.

Thank you two or three Amsoil dealers for you input, I appreciate it through the static on this thread.

Dave

quote:

"Problem" engines like the 3.0L, Toyota V-6 and the 2.4L Nissan engine used in the Altima, or other engines that badly shear the oil.

Yeah, enough of the fun and games. Time to go back to work....so, what is it about the Nissan 2.4L engine that is problematic? Does this engine have a tendancy to shear? Thanks.

quote:

Hi,
Hello - what have we got ? Not another Amsoil marketing post ? Surely not!!!!

This post may require attention from a Moderator?

Regards

Doug, with all due respect, this was good reading until this post took it off topic! What about the rest of us who are absorbing and appreciating the rich supply of information?

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:
"Problem" engines like 2.4L Nissan engine used in the Altima, or other engines that badly shear the oil. [

/QUOTE]....so, what is it about the Nissan 2.4L engine that is problematic? Does this engine have a tendancy to shear?
offtopic.gif

TooSlick,

I own a 94 altima (125,000 miles) with the "problem engine". The only oil it ever burned was Mobil 1 10w-30 Tri Syn. Please elaborate on its problems. I know it has a small sump with large filter. The manual says 4 quarts but is really 3.5 to 3.75 total.

What about using the AME 15w-40 since 40 weight are an option on this older vehicle versus the more expensive S2k 5w-30?

Amsoil's 0w-40 specs show an SJ rating. Interesting thing is that I don't see much mention of it here. Where does this product fit into the mix in regards to Ted's original post?

My 01 Altima consumed M1 too. Liked to use 5W30 weight more than 10W30, regardless of brand, and its only uoa...Havoline 10W30...sheared so much Blackstone swore it was 5W30, even though the wear #'s were outstanding. I just never thought of any of that as too unusual, until I saw Ted's comment. I presume my (our) experience is an example of what he's pointing out.

[ February 13, 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Roger ]

The label on the 10W30 says "turbo formulated" I believe. You state that you do not suggest this for turbos.

I have been using this in a twin turbo for several years!

quote:

A lot of people with exceptional expertise contribute to this Board. Some with much more perhaps than the Dealers. Such product "pushing" will cause these people to go elsewhere and their collective expertise will go with them

Doug,
I think you are being too harsh on the Amsoil dealers. While it is no secret that they want to sell Amsoil, they aren't over the top about it IMO. Plus, they will often recommend other oils. Ted is one of the biggest supporters of Delvac 1 on this board.

[ February 14, 2004, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: VeeDubb ]

Doug, Delvac-1 is very very dangerious!!! It will you get you a wife from the country with a Dad that collects antique tractors.This will not be your run of the mill country girl. It will be the upper class farm girl! These are the ones that drive sports are and imports when not on the farm. Often you will find them working on a tractor with a pressed white shirt and a pair of casual slacks! Her dad will hit you up free maintence on all of his antiques every chance he gets. Once they see how handy you are you will never get a moments rest!

The only up side is these same types of women will usualy purchase firearms for you. They usualy do not mind you disapearing for days to weeks at a time to go hunting either. They are usualy a cross between Daisy Duke and Martha Stewart(sp).

If you are not looking for a wife that is just as comfortable driveing a combine as she is entertaining guests then Delvac 1 is not for you!

Once one of these types of women get their hooks in you it is over! You next stop is altar!!

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:
My 01 Altima consumed M1 too. Liked to use 5W30 weight more than 10W30, my (our) experience is an example of what he's pointing out.

Roger,

I ran the Amsoil ASL 5w-30 for a year in the 94 Altima and 2k Maxima. In both cases, Blackstone said that the reading was on the cusp of a 40 weight oil. In the Altima, Iron was 26 ppm and lead 11 ppm. Based on conversation with more knowledgible people, this is not a good engine for extended drain intervals.

I have a sample of Amsoil ATM 10w-30 from the summer (run for 8 months with one filter change)that I have not sent to Blackstone yet. From my butt dyno, the 94 altima seems to like the ATM 10w-30 better.

PM me if you want a copy of the old report.

John

If you'd like me to post a "Best Uses for Mobil 1", I can certainly do that too ...
wink.gif

FWIW, I like their 0w-20/10w-30/5w-40/15w-50 grades. That covers everthing from a new Honda to a Motorcycle calling for 20w-50. The 0w-30/0w-40 grades are their two weakest performers, particularly in terms of shear stability.

Now that the 5w-40 is available, I wouldn't recommend using the 0w-40 at all. The HT/HS of the 5w-40 is 4.0 Cp, and it's very shear stable. So if the 3.1-3.3 Cp, 5w-30/10w-30 is too thin, the 5w-40 is the stuff to use ....The SL/CI-4 oils have a better additive package anyone, so this one's a no-brainer.

Tooslick
Dixie Synthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back