Best "high mileage" oil to stop leaks...

gregk24

Regular high mileage or extended performance high mileage, the EP high mileage is actually cheaper after rebate.
I went with regular Mobil 1 HM, didn’t know the rebate structure was different with EP. a good deal none the less.

gregk24

New oil and filter are in and I had it tagged and registered this morning. Wifey baby and I will take her out for a spin (including highway) this evening. This will be the first time driving it above 40. Hope it goes well!

Maybe you should take it for a long drive without the family first, JIC. 🤷‍♂️
,New oil and filter are in and I had it tagged and registered this morning. Wifey baby and I will take her out for a spin (including highway) this evening. This will be the first time driving it above 40. Hope it goes well!

Precisely, it's like some of these guys are in their own little world. I want to see them actually take apart an old vehicle (and all the risks entailed when things don't come apart nicely after 2+ decades) for small leaks/seeps, rather than at least give HM oil a shot. I don't know if it's an OCD thing, because it's not based on logic. If it works it works. It's not even as if it is a large price premium.
Exactly.

On my old slant 6, I've had the very best results with QS HM 10w40. After fixing the worst leak a few years ago, I had tried Maxlife, Castrol and Havoline HM's without much benefit. Some of them were 10w30's however. No obvious evidence of oil burning.