Best fully synthetic 5W30 engine oil

Mobil 1 ESP "meets or exceeds" SN rating according to the Mobil website.

Does you criticism still apply here? They are "too cheap" to pay for the cert and/or dishonest in their advertising? j/k
API does not have approval process.
ACEA does not have approval process.
Where approval process is required, one cannot claim in good faith that it "meets and exceeds" since nothing then stops them to submit oil for approval.
Approval for oil costs around $4000-5,000, in case of VW 3,200 euros for VW504.00/507.00.

1604951801601.png

ESP certainly shows up in the API license database.

Just so I'm clear about what the graph represents, does the greater area covered by the VW504 numbers represent more thickening, deposits, sludge, wear, etc., and less fuel efficiency? In other words, a less "quality" oil?
No, dark area represents more stringent requirements. Soot thickening in D1 Gen2 is 0. There cannot be 0! That means there is no requirement whatsoever by GM when it comes to soot thickening. So not even close.
And HTHS requirement of VW504.00/507.00 is min. 3.5, which matters, a lot.

I think Ravenol full synthetic is more of a real "Full Synthetic" or its the real thing ... because over there they have to meet certain standards before calling something "Full Synthetic". over here they can play with the words and you can't tell if something is real full syn or not unless you do extensive research. They are cheating the consumer if we have to research and can't trust the writing.

Isn't this true? Not sure but I read it on the internet. :ROFLMAO:

Just so I'm clear about what the graph represents, does the greater area covered by the VW504 numbers represent more thickening, deposits, sludge, wear, etc., and less fuel efficiency? In other words, a less "quality" oil?

The larger area covered, the better the protection in all areas. The further out it goes, the better protection in that specific area. This is just a loose comparison as Lubrizol (who supply the graph) warn against using the tool to compare between different certification/approval processes. For instance, the tool is meant to compare all VW approvals to each other, not necessarily VW to BMW to API to GM dexos, etc. But we all do it anyway.

Only SDS I could find for the HPS 5w-30 is from 2018, but that may still be current. Shows 10-25% PAO, rest is Group III:
View attachment 33519

Whereas the Mobil product appears to be 30-40% GTL, per the above MSDS from wemay, a dash (1-5%) of PAO and whatever the rest of the base blend is doesn't have to be shown on an MSDS, so perhaps it is one of the Esterex products.

Oil-club.ru mobil1 5w30 ESP

The FTIR spectrum presumably indicates that the oil is based on GTL + Estera. (Most likely there are some more PAO and VHVI ). It is synthetic

The larger area covered, the better the protection in all areas. The further out it goes, the better protection in that specific area. This is just a loose comparison as Lubrizol (who supply the graph) warn against using the tool to compare between different certification/approval processes. For instance, the tool is meant to compare all VW approvals to each other, not necessarily VW to BMW to API to GM dexos, etc. But we all do it anyway.

True... But here's the difference between specs.... BMW LL-01 and MB 229.5 have a more stringent Noack limit 10 percent or less vs GM Dexos at 13 percent.... Which that lubrizol chart clearly shows the difference in. By those specs being better at lower piston deposits, oxidative thickening being better and less sludge formation in MB and BMW vs Dexos...

Back