Best battery for cold weather

rcs

What is the best battery brand for cold weather. I had a NAPA Legend Premium in my 2015 Pilot 24F size
after my original Honda battery was dying. Now the NAPA was starting to go bad, so a quick fix was to put in a Honda OEM battery while it was at the dealership. But I am not crazy about this battery being only 630 CCA, and I only think that is for 32 degrees and not the frigid Michigan weather we will get soon.
I went back to NAPA store near me but they do not carry the exact battery I want like I had before.
They carry one that is 1 inch taller. I am not sure about the rest of the size if it will fit in my battery corner.
I cannot modify anything myself and am sure the dealership won’t either. I looked at Bosch batteries but their CCA is not ot that high. The NAPA battery I had previously had 775 CCA at zero degrees I believe.

Thanks In advance for your time and responses.

Ford Mustangs with 5.0L V8 engines and carburetors started up on batteries with 550CCA, what makes you think your fuel injected 3.5L V6 needs more than 630CCA???

EDIT: And a CCA rating is a CCA rating is a CCA rating, they aren't specified at different temps.

The rating refers to the number of amps a 12-volt battery can deliver at 0°F for 30 seconds while maintaining a voltage of at least 7.2 volts.

Ford Mustangs with 5.0L V8 engines and carburetors started up on batteries with 550CCA, what makes you think your fuel injected 3.5L V6 needs more than 630CCA???
I do realize that is what Honda has spec, for my vehicle. I just like the security of having higher CCA in 10 degree weather with a zero degree wind chill when my car is parked outside at work. At home it is in a garage, being a woman i don’t want to deal with battery issues.

Anything made by Deka/East Penn is good, including that Napa battery :)
But the NAPA battery I want is supposedly 1 inch taller. I am not sure I should buy that.
and they won’t take it back if it doesn’t fit, I already asked them. I know that East Penn is the way to go, yes indeed! Agree…

Can I buy a battery that is 1 inch taller than the OEM battery in my car now? I guess that is what I am really asking…
I don’t want to mess anything up in that area or cause the battery to get too hot being next to the other parts…

What about the Everstart Maxx 24F? It is rated 725 CCA and has a 36 month full replacement warranty.
Thanks BH I just noticed that on another post. I was hoping to stay with an East Penn battery since they are supposed to be better.

I do realize that is what Honda has spec, for my vehicle. I just like the security of having higher CCA in 10 degree weather with a zero degree wind chill when my car is parked outside at work. At home it is in a garage, being a woman i don’t want to deal with battery issues.

Well, one thing you need to be aware of is that wind chill has no effect on objects that aren't alive, like cars.

Well, one thing you need to be aware of is that wind chill has no effect on objects that aren't alive, like cars.
That is good to know! Seriously, I just figured it drops the ambient temperature lower?

agm batteries. like odyssey extreme series.
I have read good things about the agm, odyssey’s. However it is my understanding if your car did not come with an agm then it is better not to put one in it it can harm the alternator and starter…this is only what I have read , I am not saying it does that.

Best battery for cold weather​

a warm battery

1667689102887.jpg

That is good to know! Seriously, I just figured it drops the ambient temperature lower?

No, windchill is basically "feels like" temperature, and it feels colder because the wind is removing more heat from your 98.6F body.

If it's 10F with a 0F windchill, the ambient temperature of your car will still be 10F, and an outdoor thermometer would also read 10F.

EDIT: IF you had a drafty house a windchill could make your heating system work more.

Back