2010 Accord New Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Richie
I wish the larger battery would fit in my 2015 Civic. I hate dealing with the inadequate 51R

What is wrong with it? I have a 51R in my Civic with zero issues, even starting in -30C weather.

Here at the dealer we have both a 410 CCA and 500 CCA version.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: Richie
I wish the larger battery would fit in my 2015 Civic. I hate dealing with the inadequate 51R

What is wrong with it? I have a 51R in my Civic with zero issues, even starting in -30C weather.

Here at the dealer we have both a 410 CCA and 500 CCA version.

Seriously? Here at the dealer....

Ok, we know you love your Honda. We love ours too. But there's a reason everyone with half a brain put a bigger battery in their's....

Deka Battery/East Penn Manufacturing is located in the County I reside. Second largest employer behind the biggest Hospital in the County "every" year. Good paying jobs with great benefits. They make a great quality battery also and good choice.

Dale

Last edited:
“Seriously? Here at the dealer....

Ok, we know you love your Honda. We love ours too. But there's a reason everyone with half a brain put a bigger battery in their's....”

So we don’t do what you do and therefore we are idiots?
Got it...

Originally Posted By: Roob
“Seriously? Here at the dealer....

Ok, we know you love your Honda. We love ours too. But there's a reason everyone with half a brain put a bigger battery in their's....”

So we don’t do what you do and therefore we are idiots?
Got it...

^^^^^^^ Who are you talking to? Me or the other Canadian?

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Is there a list somewhere of who sells what batteries? I was told that O’Rileys is East Penn, NAPA is east Penn, but Walmart and optima and Bosch were all Johnson Controls

There's are generalizations, but the biggest issue is multiple, regional sourcing.

The one brand that's definitely East Penn is Duracell. And of course Deka.

Strange, I didn’t think it wasn’t clear whom I was talking to.
I took offence at being called an idiot because I and others haven’t done what you have with the larger battery.
You like the larger battery and it fits your needs, great. I am quite satisfied with the original sized battery and it fits my needs.
We are both happy... You don’t need to disparage others to justify what you like.
That’s the point I was making.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back