Best Battery Brand?

I
Interstate Battery. That’s the only name in batteries that I trust. They have the highest quality standards. We had one last 10 years the other last 8 and now we’re on the third and fourth ones. Won’t buy anything else. I understand there are few battery manufacturers but Interstate has the highest standards. I’d avoid a Walmart battery never had good luck with them. It’s not just to knock Walmart cause I’m not at all it’s just their batteries aren’t good because they don’t pay for high standards. If I had to get something else it would be a Duralast or Napa battery they are generally pretty high quality and standards.
I also had an Interstate last 9 years.
Current AC Delco is at 8 years.
I've also had really good luck with Motomaster batteries too believe it or not.

Interstate Battery. That’s the only name in batteries that I trust. They have the highest quality standards. We had one last 10 years the other last 8 and now we’re on the third and fourth ones. Won’t buy anything else. I understand there are few battery manufacturers but Interstate has the highest standards. I’d avoid a Walmart battery never had good luck with them. It’s not just to knock Walmart cause I’m not at all it’s just their batteries aren’t good because they don’t pay for high standards. If I had to get something else it would be a Duralast or Napa battery they are generally pretty high quality and standards.
Walmart, like Sears Diehard, can be difficult to bag on, because the poor quality one you had, is dependent on who they were contracting with at the time. I had a great experience with Sear Platinum AGM, it was because at the time, they were being produced by Odyssey, one of the top brands in AGM batteries. Walmart has recently gone with East Penn and Clarios in some markets, and those a solid manufacturers. But I hear out west, some of the Walmart batteries are made in Korea...with unknown quality so far.

Walmart, like Sears Diehard, can be difficult to bag on, because the poor quality one you had, is dependent on who they were contracting with at the time. I had a great experience with Sear Platinum AGM, it was because at the time, they were being produced by Odyssey, one of the top brands in AGM batteries. Walmart has recently gone with East Penn and Clarios in some markets, and those a solid manufacturers. But I hear out west, some of the Walmart batteries are made in Korea...with unknown quality so far.
True. We had one it last till just before warranty ended. Had it replaced. That one failed right before warranty, had it replaced. That one failed right after warranty so got an Interstate. Based on what I’ve heard is Walmart will only warranty a battery if it’s installed by them. That’s just what I hear but don’t know how true that is. I got tired of them doing batteries for me so I do them myself I don’t let anyone else work on my stuff anyway. I just wanted to buy a good battery that would last a long time and not fail just before or just after the warranty. The ones we had were circa 2013-2017. The Interstate batteries have been in all different cars as that’s all we buy now. I just am happy with the luck I’ve had with Interstate that’s why I don’t hesitate to recommend them. Never buying a Walmart one again though because of luck and I understand manufacturer has a lot to do with it. Luckily when the second one failed we were actually in the parking lot at Walmart and limped the car back to the auto center.

Now I know where my Duralast Platinum EFB battery came from.
Did a little research at autozone.com for a group 35 Duralast Platinum AGM versus Duralast Platinum EFB.

The EFB is only $10 cheaper than the AGM, but its core charge is $22 versus $5 for the AGM.

I upgraded from a 51R to a 24F Walmart Everstart MAXX that was online only on sale roolback price of $88.00 + tax last September.

It has a 3 year warranty, and I have a battery checker that I bought from Amazon that shows me what the cold cranking amps really are. Brand new that battery had 1,117 CCA at in the store temperature, and it is rated for 725 CCA.
I tested every once in awhile and it has been showing in the high 900s on the CCA when it's cold. When it gets down to 60% of the rated CCA I'll replace it or if 3 years go by and Walmart has another rollback price sale I'll drop another one in.

$88.00 + tax is not a bad deal for 3 years use of a good battery.

Interstate Battery. That’s the only name in batteries that I trust. They have the highest quality standards. We had one last 10 years the other last 8 and now we’re on the third and fourth ones. Won’t buy anything else. I understand there are few battery manufacturers but Interstate has the highest standards....

An opposite opinion of Interstate batteries, posted in another battery thread last Wednesday:
...Pretty much all the JC/Clarios ones I’ve ever had, with the exception of a couple older Interstates, have leaked like a sieve. Even my Indy mechanic has given up on the Interstate batteries he sold for DECADES, because they’ve messed up too many customer’s cars. Buy them if you want, don’t say I didn’t warn you...

It sounds like the very latest production runs of Interstate batteries are problematic.

Everstart bar code warranty and of the ones I have had replaced the wally employee never questioned or argued just did the transaction and even better if the particular Wal-Mart did not have a auto service center just a plain Wal-Mart with batteries

I just put an Everstart AGM in my 2018 and it is way heavier than the stock battery.
Was because you got tired removing the old battery then had to lug the new one in the old ones place. Or did you install an 8D in your OldsmoChevy?

Just a fyi: Replaced the battery in my 528i recently (H8/group 49). The best price was an Interstate via Costco. I ended up getting an Everstart Platinum from WM - it was $10 more but had a 4 year warranty versus 3 on the Interstate (and pretty much every other premium brand).

The Interstate and Everstart appear to be the same battery, from specs to case to having the same "Made in Germany" sticker.

I always get the highest end Autozone batteries because they're great about honoring the warranty and they seem to go the distance they promise. Plus, there are Autozones everywhere.

Car Quest is a no-boloney warranty. I believe it is the same brand as Advanced Auto. I had one of their batteries crap out one month before the end of the two year no-fault warranty, and I got a brand new battery for free. Turned out to be a pretty good deal getting 6 years for the price of one single battery.

Got 5 years out of a Duracell AGM. Was cranking slow. Went Die hard platinum AGM. My last die hard platinum was 7 years and still cranking on my beloved 2002 Tacoma.

Interstate Batteries.

Not because they outperform any other but because they operate on conservative values.

Interstate Batteries® is a mission-driven company fueled by our Purpose (to glorify God) and guided by our Values:

• Love
  • Servant's Heart
  • Excellence
  • Courage
  • Community
  • Joy
  • Integrity
Don't listen to me. I'm a deplorable :(

Recent experience has shown me that batteries can fail without any warning. I want to be ready. I have two vehicles. One has an H6 FLA battery and the other has an H7 AGM battery. Currently, who, in your opinion, makes the "best" battery for the money for each of these vehicles? I live in Arkansas, drive about 10,000 miles a year on each vehicle, keep them in a garage, and charge them regularly. I appreciate your time. knowledge and experience.
I don't know enough to know those two specific batteries. I know I've had good service from Interstate batteries my local shop carries. I trust them 100% so their recommendation carries weight with me. I'll be sticking with Interstate unless/until they recommend something else.

Interstate Batteries.

Not because they outperform any other but because they operate on conservative values.

Interstate Batteries® is a mission-driven company fueled by our Purpose (to glorify God) and guided by our Values:

• Love
  • Servant's Heart
  • Excellence
  • Courage
  • Community
  • Joy
  • Integrity
Thanks!

I'll keep avoiding their junk.

Interstate Batteries.

• Love
  • Servant's Heart
  • Excellence
  • Courage
  • Community
  • Joy
  • Integrity
All the more reason to keep using their excellent batteries. I hadn't seen this before. Glad to know the company is as good as the product.

In my part of the world the most common batteries we see on Japanese vehicles are Yuasa and FB [Furukawa].They are both good but my choice is the Yuasa.I suspect Yuasa own one of the USA battery brands,you need to find out who it is.Their technology seems to be very good.Most of our aftermarket batteries in NZ are sourced from Korea or the Philippines.The modern Calcium batteries are a big improvement on the older Lead Acid types.

Back