Best bang for your buck oil at Wal-Mart

Has anyone seen this video? Dies this guy have any merit? Seems to me like Valvoline is in his back pocket, but who knows. Let me know what you think.

Valvoline is not in his pocket, he was a huge Mobil fan until he voa tested every major brand under the Sun, Valvoline had the highest amount of additives, therefore he concludes Valvoline is the best oil for 5k mandatory changes.

Valvoline is not in his pocket, he was a huge Mobil fan until he voa tested every major brand under the Sun, Valvoline had the highest amount of additives, therefore he concludes Valvoline is the best oil for 5k mandatory changes.
That's exactly what he does - reads off VOA's, from B/S Labs, and whatever oil has more additives he concludes is best. Very common for people to do that.

I want to like the YT guy, but I just cant. His opinions are extremely forced, he has little empathy and unfortunately rambles endlessly and doesnt get to the point. When he does try some kind of oil experiment, its full on cringe.

The best/cheapest oil at Walmart is simply Quaker State or Supertech. End of thread and discussion.

My experience between M1 and Valvoline. In my Honda K24. Using M1 5/40 and valvoline 5/40. Both euro oil. The M1 I needed to add a qt at 5k miles. The valvoline I needed a qt at 3800. Without knowing the specs, M1 probably has the lower NOACK

Back