Best ATF for 11 Tundra

What method are you planning on using for a fluid exchange?

Many ATFs have been suggested. All probably will do the transmission fine. I use Amsoil ATF in any vehicle when I get to servicing the ATF. But that's just my view. It's one of the best I believe.

So it were my car and I thought the transmission pan bolts would be an issue at some point I might spray some PB Blaster on them and give each one a tug to see if you can loosen them. Then if you really need to drop the pan you deal with the transmission issue and not compound the problem with snapped bolts. Maybe even pull each bolt one by one, grease or neverseize and put it back.

Some people pull their boat outdrive not to do any real main rather just to get it off and back on. Same situation with the transmission pan bolts.
I did the fluid exchange using the ATF cooling lines. 100% exchange. Too many reports of the 10mm bolts snapping off for me to take the chance.
The problem is worse in the areas that treat roads with salt/brine. I have seen 1st hand many trans bolts snap off. I was pleased with the old fluids condition so not that worried about replacing the filter. I've done 1000's (yes 1000's) of pan drops and the only filters that seemed possibly problematic due to being "cloggged" were very old (I'm old) TH200s/TH350s with the metal screen and some very old Ford C4s/C5s and a few of the very old Torqueflite 727/904s.
I've done a few outdrives, too. Never had an issue with rusted hardware on those as the hardware is much larger.

I did the fluid exchange using the ATF cooling lines. 100% exchange. Too many reports of the 10mm bolts snapping off for me to take the chance.
The problem is worse in the areas that treat roads with salt/brine. I have seen 1st hand many trans bolts snap off. I was pleased with the old fluids condition so not that worried about replacing the filter. I've done 1000's (yes 1000's) of pan drops and the only filters that seemed possibly problematic due to being "cloggged" were very old (I'm old) TH200s/TH350s with the metal screen and some very old Ford C4s/C5s and a few of the very old Torqueflite 727/904s.
I've done a few outdrives, too. Never had an issue with rusted hardware on those as the hardware is much larger.
Consider installing an inline Magnefine filter.

I also think using an impact wrench vs a long pipe and brute force has a better chance of removing a seized bolt without snapping it

I also think using an impact wrench vs a long pipe and brute force has a better chance of removing a seized bolt without snapping it
Thanks. But I don't think either is appropriate for removing a trans pan bolt.
Outdrive hardware? Probably try chemicals and heat before impact before brute force and pipe.

Probably the wrong forum. I purchased a brake rotor/pad kit for the Tundra from Amazon. Stop Tech K2813-Z23.
Package arrived Wednesday as promised. This AM I put the front of the truck on jackstands, removed the wheels and
disassembled the drivers side caliper and removed the old pads. I leave the other side intact to use as reference.
Cleaned and sanded the caliper contact points and wire wheeled the pins. Open the 1st box containing the pads
and hardware for the fronts. Something was very wrong. The new pads looked awfully different than the ones I removed.
Wrong kit. Googled the part# and this kit was for an 11 Durango. Another glaring example of the lack of intelligent
life that inhabits our planet. Shame on me for assuming they sent the right kit. Oh well.

Back