Best 20K oil

Good luck making a warranty claim with Warren
...any oil manufacturer. Even Mobil1's conditions slink out of coverage.

Be advised that if your vehicle is covered by a warranty, you should follow the vehicle’s oil life sensor or the oil change interval recommended in your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty.

If Mobil1 is confident in their oil being good for 20k miles, why won't they step up and cover when the automaker won't ? Years ago, Valvoline offered a "warranty" but required you to change the oil every 5k miles. Didn't matter if the automaker said 7.5k or used a system that determined the interval. If you didn't follow the 5k rule, no warranty. Point is, it's all marketing fluff.

Conceptually, I like the idea of using the OEM drain interval as a maximum since the amount of testing done (to determine that interval) greatly exceeds the tools and resources I have access to. However, I am not convinced that the longevity standards used in their testing are always in alignment with my ownership goals. Instead, I choose to use oils that are advertised to outperform the standards by the OEM; this way, I should theoretically buy myself some additional headroom.

(If I use an approved oil, I tend to reduce the OEM service interval by 25-50%.)
That's basically what I go by. I take the max OE interval but use a top tier synthetic.

If Warren says their oil can do 20k, they have 100% confidence it can. Yes, there are sooooo many variables too.... Their oil has just as many approvals as the bigger guys oils though, so what's the difference ?
It probably is fine - I would just spend $8 more bucks and hang my hat on Mobil 1 as having done enough R&D to make me feel better.

It probably is fine - I would just spend $8 more bucks and hang my hat on Mobil 1 as having done enough R&D to make me feel better.

Engineering explained already tested the 20k theory and M1 passed. M1 also was the most used oil on BITOG for 2022.

I still wouldn't do 20k/1 year though

With all the oil tests done with Blackstone, What is the final conclusion on the best 20 K oil?
Many modern engine oils will go 20K. I used to go 30+ with Delvac 15w50 in SBC and BBC LPG engines back in the day.
The problem nowa days are the timing chains. They are expensive or time consuming to change out.
Not a couple of hours and a case of beer like the old V8s.
Ask anyone that owns a chainsaw what happens when the bar hits the ground or cut into a tree with sand or dirt on it.
Within seconds the chain is loose and must be adjusted to take up the slack before it derails and wraps around your wrist.
Same thing I believe with timing chains. A high ISO particle count of too small #s for the filter to catch wears them out.
The only solution is, when in doubt, drain it out.

Engineering explained already tested the 20k theory and M1 passed. M1 also was the most used oil on BITOG for 2022.

I still wouldn't do 20k/1 year though

Neither would I, but if I was, I'd take it over ST was my point. I change at 5K in my vehicles.

But the EP does and it's 20k/1 year as well
Yes but my comments stemmed from the details on composition from the video, the EP product is not like the AP that was sold,

So if you aren't going to use it for 20k then what part of that video do you think is relevant? If it were me I'd go for a long-drain approval if I were looking for extended use.

Yes but my comments stemmed from the details on composition from the video, the EP product is not like the AP that was sold,

So if you aren't going to use it for 20k then what part of that video do you think is relevant?
If it were me I'd go for a long-drain approval if I were looking for extended use.
As opposed to a long-drain claim?

Best 20k oil is the oil drained and filled at least 3 times within that 20k. :)
Bingo!

20k is just too much to ask for an oil IMO. 5k is very reasonable, with 7k or 10k being the upper limits IMO. Oil is really not expensive. Engines however are very expensive, and breakdowns can be extremely costly and inconvenient and, possibly cause an accident.

I have been 10K on my 2015 f150 v6 twin turbo full synthetic oil. I do notice it's quieter after an oil change.
N3n
You came to the right place for this OCI question
There are more knowledgeable people on this forum than I can count.
"Without Data you're just another person with an opinion" W.E. Deming
I just finished my 2nd UOA on a 2016 F-150 Ecoboost with Amsoil SS 5w-30
The 1st uoa was 5k miles (plenty of life in the Oil, TBN was 4.22)
I skipped 7500 miles because I saw someone on this site doing it.
The 2nd uoa I did at 10k miles, the Oil still looked pretty good. The TBN was 2.80
The next OCI will be for 12,500 miles, and should be completed later this year. I don't anticipate going past 12,500 miles, as I think the TBN will be approx 2.0
It's no secret that these Turbo Engines are hard on Oil. High heat, and the fuel dilution shears the Oil out of Grade.
N3n
Best of luck to you as you look to stretch your oci, but be aware of the limitations of any Synthetic Oil in these Ecoboost Motors.

Back