Best 2021 Small Truck?

Fanboys are generally rabid, sometimes frothing at the mouth people who cannot possibly accept a differing opinion who think their product is gods gift to mankind, they’re annoying.

Ha, that's not what he is talking about above.

Update:

We drove a ZR2, and my bride was tickled pink...I was surprised by how quiet it was, and how supple the suspension is.

Tried to drive a Toyota - the dealer basically said it was impossible to get the TRD Pro, and we would have to drive 3+ hours to see one...um...I guess they don't want a sale.

Stopped to look at the Ford...spent about 2 minutes and she said "no"

Still hoping to drive the Toy for comparison, but not looking good so far. Asked the Chevy dealer if they could get color and options of choice in for a drive...guess we will see.

The ZR2 is one nice ride and sad to say newer Tacoma's have just as many issues as the Ranger or Colorado. This isn't the 80s or 90s anymore Taco fans
I would get a ZR2 for a weekend warrior type of rig. The Ranger has been in use all over the world for 8 years. and the new overpriced Tacoma is riding its hype train while the quality drops. Engine is a pig too. Love Tundras, 4runners, LandCruisers though!

TRD Pro is just badges and shocks and skid plates like most off road packages. The ZR2 actually comes lifted with very uniquely capable shocks, not rebranded low end Rancho's with actual off road tires unlike the Tacoma.

Yes, I've heard the new Tacoma has had some issues.

It's not even the new ones that are the problem. It's the weird corner cutting that Toyota has to do to make the truck meet CAFE since the drivetrain is so old school (and as a result reliable but inefficient). Lots of things are just flimsy or thinner than makes sense on a truck and it's infuriating.

I appreciate the banter! I already have a full size Silverado, and she hates driving it. She wants something smaller than a full size. She lets me buy and trade my "stable" all I want, so my job is to keep her happy in her DD.

I know there is a huge difference in vehicles...and we end up switching every 2-3 years for her car. (I should think about a lease, but just can't do it)

Her past several cars:

BMW X3 (loved but getting long in the tooth)
Mercedes ML350 (too big and many issues - electrical)
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (too slow and poor handling - too many on the road)
Alfa Romeo Stelvio (no dealer network)
How was that Stelvio? Any issues? if so, what?

Back