2021 best small truck WINNER!!!

Old pic, I resemble her. My dad bought her a new 05' when she went to college. She was at a stop light and struck from the rear which totaled it. Her Colorado was a Z71 but it didn't have 4WD. I've been looking at trucks since I live on 5 acres. I like the ride of the Colorado better than new Ranger but I'm leaning towards the Ranger for the interior and the fact the drivetrain works so well on the Ecoboost Ranger.

Looks nice! Enjoy!

But is it a small truck?

When i think of small trucks i think of the Frontier, Mazda B2200, Chevy luv, or even the chevy S-10.

Small trucks have gotten too big!
I'm guessing looks are deceiving, but it sure looks to be the same size as the full sized next to it!

I'm guessing looks are deceiving, but it sure looks to be the same size as the full sized next to it!

No, not really. Yes, it is just as tall or taller, but it is narrower, and much shorter. The most important part is that my beautiful wife is ok with the size, and feels comfortable driving it (she HATES driving my Silverado).

I can attest, while it may look big, it doesn't feel that way behind the wheel.

The diesel engine is about $3500 more and adds a fair amount of weight to the truck as well. I always debated internally what would be best. With my current distance from work i would buy the gas. Anyone able to section 179 it would be money ahead on the diesel. As would anyone doing serious mileage. I believe its $48k sticker in the diesel without options. Not cheap but what a sweet ride.

Congratulations!
Bought one in 2018(first year of the 8speed auto, fingers crossed) and surprised how quick it is. Logging roads are a blast in a ZR2.

A friend has the diesel ZR2. I've got to admit that I like it a lot. Great ride on both smooth and rough, plenty of power and very comfortable.

A friend has the diesel ZR2. I've got to admit that I like it a lot. Great ride on both smooth and rough, plenty of power and very comfortable.
You could buy one for your long drives, get the 40 gallon in bed tank, never have to fill up the whole time.

I have always driven something slightly smaller.
May 20.jpg

What is that?
VW Caddy. Early 80's in the US, with 1.5 or 1.6 NA diesels (and some were 1.6 gassers?), FWD, 4MT or 5MT (not sure any were autos).

Wonder if it's got a 1.9 swap, that exhaust doesn't look stock. Looks quite sharp!

You could buy one for your long drives, get the 40 gallon in bed tank, never have to fill up the whole time.

Yes, but I really don’t want another truck! I just drove my Jag to PA, and will head back to FL this weekend. I enjoy the car Sooooo much more than the trucks.

1. Yes, Iowa guy's sister is cute. Must be all that Corn you guys eat out there ?? lol ;)🤪😉(y)

2. Congrats on the Colorado. I sold them for the 2015/2016 model year and it was a TOP seller at our dealer along with the then new K2XX silverado's. Got to drive the first diesel Colorado off the truck cause delivery truck was late and my boss told me to park it in the down the block 2nd lot,..............Well I took it for a "Personal test" drive cause I had a will call list of 25 people asking for the New "Diesel Colorado" wanted to see what all the fuss was about and IT BROKE DOWN MIDDLE OF THE ROAD !!!

............................Turned out to be a bad fuel injector :oops::oops:

Dave

Back